[Event] Cape Town Cycle Tour 2018

Pure Savage

Bring your own fresh water this time becuase Cape Town wil have none

I will still enter but question the dicision to host the event in light of the severe water shortage.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ek dink ook nog.....

First attempt 2015....FIRES!!!

2016 F@ck it cause I'm still to disappointed.

2017 Let's give it another go......WIND!!!

And now I don't know if I can handle anymore disappointment again.

Sent from my SM-J111F using Tapatalk

That's a damn shame, 2016 was an amazing year for the race!

Hopefully it follows the pattern and 2018 is even better!

That's a damn shame, 2016 was an amazing year for the race!

Hopefully it follows the pattern and 2018 is even better!

Agreed, 2016 was one of the very best, stunning day, cool, with almost no wind. 

I'm not sure how I feel about dong the race anymore.

Received my preferential entry email yesterday and still deciding if it's worth it.

I heard some rumours that the protest action which initially reduced the 2017 Argus to 78km was going to be in full swing again on Argus day 2018 as this gives them more coverage, etc, etc. 

Anyone else heard something to this extent?

A route change might be best option, maybe up west coast around durbanville farms etc

Hell no. Then rather along the R44 from Gordons to Kleinmond and back via some other way. Must have scenery. Stellies to Wellies to Stellies is as monotonous as white rice. And Klapmuts is not exactly on the same par as Suikerbossie when it comes to a braai/breakfast next to the road by some well lubricated Clever Chirp who tunes you "Hey boet, careful ek sê, this hill goes UP!".    

I'm not sure how I feel about dong the race anymore.

Received my preferential entry email yesterday and still deciding if it's worth it.

I heard some rumours that the protest action which initially reduced the 2017 Argus to 78km was going to be in full swing again on Argus day 2018 as this gives them more coverage, etc, etc. 

Anyone else heard something to this extent?

WHAAT, you are saying that protesters can organise an event in their calender 6 months in advance. Where did you hear this rumour, YOU magazine?

Bring your own fresh water this time becuase Cape Town wil have none
I will still enter but question the dicision to host the event in light of the severe water shortage.

bla bla fishpaste, i actually saved this picture because we're going to see this question a zillion times between now and march, and I'm ready to repost it it

post-1830-0-18912000-1503396020_thumb.png

WHAAT, you are saying that protesters can organise an event in their calender 6 months in advance. Where did you hear this rumour, YOU magazine?

Snip snip

And you say they cannot? Where did you hear that, Drum Magazine!?  :whistling:  :ph34r:

It is a distinct possibility that there will be a replay of this year's "community protests" 

They saw how easy it is to do that, and they saw the reaction to it.

Do not discount this....