[Event] Cape Town Cycle Tour 2018

Pure Savage

So 20th of September 2017 has been set as the date that entries will open for the 2018 event!

c3b74864114b9fd98a56cfe934ba0800.png

Rumour has it there is an email about to be sent to all those that collected race packs last year about early entry to the 2018 event!

Every year toys get thrown out of the cot when people do not get entries in September but Feb comes around and there are more entries on the bikehub than there are cyclists taking selfies on Chappies!!

191b8b7b30e39f5920a8577a35c46ddd.png

Edited by Pure Savage

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thought I would start the 2018 as my eyes keep rolling to the back of my head everytime I see the "Lets move it to April" thread.

Brace yourself, those suggestions will still pop up here, along with the "I won't enter again until they move it" people. 

Will be very surprised if this thread is still civil come Friday.

Brace yourself, those suggestions will still pop up here, along with the "I won't enter again until they move it" people. 

Will be very surprised if this thread is still civil come Friday.

First lot of comments on FB already shoot from the hip. This could get very violent given people's reaction to all things ......I demand..... and I was there..... and my money.... and preferential treatment ...and... (Its like a live sequel).

40th anniversary version 2. 2nd attempt for my 27th consecutive finish. CTCT trust must just send me the pre-entry mail and take my money. Will sommer go book flights and car hire and accommodation now.

Perfect, will get your flights free with Disco!

First lot of comments on FB already shoot from the hip. This could get very violent given people's reaction to all things ......I demand..... and I was there..... and my money.... and preferential treatment ...and... (Its like a live sequel).

If I ran the CTCT, I would just open entries and take everyone's bucks, knowing that 60% of people do not rock up on the day. Thats just my idea. Probably why I don't run events.

Stretching out the entry process does provide a much greater ROI for sponsors in the months leading up to CTCT, so thats a reason to go that way I guess.

The stench of entitlement is strong around those Facebook comments. . . 

On multiply, not free but still pretty cheap. BUT I work for our national carrier so get free flights anyway.

hey hey hey, if I can type that I work for KPMG in visible font you can put that you work for SAA.