[Event] The Munga MTB 2017

Slowbee

Not the most relaxing start to my Munga, fu...... South African Airways cancelled my 13:00 flight from JHB to Bloemfontein and replaced it with a flight three hours later, only to arrive in Bloemfontein without any of my luggage or my bike!!

Sorry but I have to bitch somewhere.

Wow. That's a real bummer Eddie. Hope you get all your belongings before it really becomes a stressful issue. I know the last thing you want to worry now about is crap like this. Good luck.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not the most relaxing start to my Munga, fu...... South African Airways cancelled my 13:00 flight from JHB to Bloemfontein and replaced it with a flight three hours later, only to arrive in Bloemfontein without any of my luggage or my bike!!

Sorry but I have to bitch somewhere.

eish, would have been better to uber .... :eek:

Hi bud, firstly good luck. Secondly, please would you post a pic or two of your bike and maybe give us a run down of your kit choices.

Hi Monark,

Thank you. Yes of course, as soon as my bike is packed and ready I’ll do that. Either later today or tomorrow morning.

To everyone riding.... keep safe and make the right choices when you are buggered, and above all, enjoy it as much as possible.

Just entering such an event is inspirational. I envy your guts to do something like this.

Keep those dots moving!

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Benky here. The Bike Hub team suggested that there might be some questions about the race, so let me know if there’s anything that I can answer for you. Other than that thanks for ‘watching’, we will try to be fun dots to watch!

Hi bud, firstly good luck. Secondly, please would you post a pic or two of your bike and maybe give us a run down of your kit choices.

Is this THE Benky? as in Kevin?

Monark, If this is THE Benky just follow him on IG or Twitter for plenty lekker pics.

Jip it is he. All round good guy abd serial smiler

I had a good chuckle at the serial smiler bit, very accurate description that!

Good luck lads, going to be cheering and dot watching.

All the months of preperation is finally here, to all the hubbers starting all the best. Also from my side to everybody respect for lining up for this huge challenge. Whether it will be a dot for a hubber or just a dot for somebody complete unknown we will be watching dots...

I just had a thought who is more sane Riders going out and do the race or us staring at our screens at moving dots.

Benky here. The Bike Hub team suggested that there might be some questions about the race, so let me know if there’s anything that I can answer for you. Other than that thanks for ‘watching’, we will try to be fun dots to watch!

I got a question.

Are there any tactics for you for the first leg where drafting is allowed, or do you just wing it?

It seems like it's a total mess and some people get way too eager way too early.

All the best guys, wishing you all a solid ride with very little head wind  :clap: 

I was supposed to be on the starting line this year as well but unfortunately I had a big health scare mid year that derailed my plans. Hopefully next year I'll be there as well.