2017 UCI Road World Champs Bergen 16-24 September

Gen

I am dreaming bigger than DDD... more like Quickstep dreaming[emoji23][emoji23]

EDIT

I must be honest, I'll be disappointed if it were any of these

Sky - they'll use him up and spit him out

Astana - same story plus the dodge bit

UAE - he may as well ride on his own

BAHRAIN - that Prince is dodge as hell when it comes to human rights violations...doesn't sit lekker with me.

Cannondale may be lekker they are also good at developing talent..unfortunately I am not so sure how secure his future will be with them..taking it year by year puts a lot of stress on the riders IMO.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

doesn't leave much for you to be happy with! hahahahahaha.

• Replies 552
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sure, coming to an unofficial agreement is perhaps less distasteful than having Spain tell me I'm pulling for them. But I'm a Saffa. I have cycling superpower mentality.

...On second thought, would rather pull for Spain than for Impey :ph34r:

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Sagan has had unofficial help from his team mates from smaller countries..especially in the early parts of the race.

doesn't leave much for you to be happy with! hahahahahaha.

Ha ha ha.. nah it all said with a bit of tongue in cheek. . Any Contract with a big team would be great for him..besides UAE I donno about those lot.

Telling you I have my heart set on Quickstep hey and Bora would be great.[emoji23][emoji23].. cause then I could say.. I know a cyber personality that knows a guy who knows Sagan.. same can be said for Quickstep. . But with Alaphillipe.

Mmm there is also BMC hey, but then I can't say I know a cyber guy who knows a guy who knows Oss..cause Oss is leaving BMC[emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji12]

Hey the Lotto teams would also be great.. flip forgot about them

Maybe you should just tell us who he isn't going to[emoji48]

BTW who is his agent?

BTW who is his agent?

He has, It's not DDD 

Ha ha ha.. nah it all said with a bit of tongue in cheek. . Any Contract with a big team would be great for him..besides UAE I donno about those lot.

Telling you I have my heart set on Quickstep hey and Bora would be great.[emoji23][emoji23].. cause then I could say.. I know a cyber personality that knows a guy who knows Sagan.. same can be said for Quickstep. . But with Alaphillipe.

Mmm there is also BMC hey, but then I can't say I know a cyber guy who knows a guy who knows Oss..cause Oss is leaving BMC[emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji12]

Hey the Lotto teams would also be great.. flip forgot about them

BTW who is his agent?

Yes I know it was tongue i cheek all good bud.

At the end of the day any WT team has is positives and negatives - even the ones we personally like and follow/support. However their is a difference in those teams, some are a lot better than others overall in terms of management, riders, support and respect within the Peloton when you riding in that teams kit and needing a wheel. 

I will say he has had a few very good offers / interest from a small handful PCT and PT teams and the team has chosen is F-ing RAD! 

He has, It's not DDD

Ha ha ha.. but there are lots of teams that he isn't going to.. scratching one off the list isn't helping man[emoji39]

If he can confirm or deny that it is a team that also has pro conti team ..or is mmm going to be taking another over another development team under their name that would be great[emoji6]

Yes I know it was tongue i cheek all good bud.

At the end of the day any WT team has is positives and negatives - even the ones we personally like and follow/support. However their is a difference in those teams, some are a lot better than others overall in terms of management, riders, support and respect within the Peloton when you riding in that teams kit and needing a wheel.

I will say he has had a few very good offers / interest from a small handful PCT and PT teams and the team has chosen is F-ing RAD!

It's only Monday[emoji24] [emoji24] [emoji24]

Mmmm.. rad..? A lot of people say Orica are rad?

So here's my question, say hypothetically speaking, you are a Saffa but ride for Movistar. Come to worlds,  the Spanish team filled with Movistar riders come to you and say, you working for Spain today. Do you ditch your country for UCI points for the team that pays your salary? Or does Worlds not count for UCI points? 

Cycling is a team sport, but lines can be blurred. Alliances can be temporary and switch during even just a stage.

Porte and Froome are good mates, but now on opposing teams. They could easily find the situation were they need to work with each other or against each other - I would think the first priority is your own race, but naturally you're going to help a friend/countrymen if no harm to yourself.

it's part of what makes cycling exciting to follow.

I think the main reason they won was exactly because all 6 riders held it together for so long. Each was fresher, hence they rode faster. Looking at the other teams (Trek, Sky, Quickstep) who dropped one then two guys earlier, they just didnt have the beans to keep up the same pace.

The Sunweb strategy was better and their team seem to ride together better.

Made me think of the old days in the TDF when Armstrong held back the team to pick up the two fallen riders, and then went on to win the TTT. (despite the drugs of course)

well I think they were clearly the strongest on the day. Came to the final 500m and it looked like loads was still in the tank once the final four split off. I couldn't see it but am guessing that the two dropped riders did big turns in the final kilometers which set up the final sprint.  The optimal strategy is obviously to finish to with 4 guys only

It's only Monday[emoji24] [emoji24] [emoji24]

Mmmm.. rad..? A lot of people say Orica are rad?

You fishing pretty well I give you that. touche'.

I didnt know they said that about Orica - honestly - but the BMX Bandits in the 80's also said rad but he isnt riding a BMX. 

You fishing pretty well I give you that. touche'.

I didnt know they said that about Orica - honestly - but the BMX Bandits in the 80's also said rad but he isnt riding a BMX.

[emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23]

Well I did say some say lol.. when I read Rad .. first thing was.. well then he is ditching the skinny wheels and joining Santa Cruz syndicate [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23]

Back to thumb sucking.. Lotto Soudal are known to be a great bunch of guys ..that would be cool too.

Anyhow. .wherever he ends up, I wish him nothing but the best[emoji122] [emoji122] [emoji122]

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Sagan has had unofficial help from his team mates from smaller countries..especially in the early parts of the race.

I hope this sore throat he has doesn't affect his performance. Don't want some doper like GVA to win because the champ isn't 100%

Obviously Sagz is my man but I would be ok with a Kwaito, EBH(home ground advantage?), Alaphalipe win. I think it will be a classics rider who takes it.

I hope this sore throat he has doesn't affect his performance. Don't want some doper like GVA to win because the champ isn't 100%

Obviously Sagz is my man but I would be ok with a Kwaito, EBH(home ground advantage?), Alaphalipe win. I think it will be a classics rider who takes it.

Hope so.. they say it is nothing to worry about. So let's hope but he was off the bike for a few.days...

Winning it a third time will be very hard.. he'll have to think out of the box because they won't give him an inch.

Watch Kawasaki for a repeat rainbow

What a classy bike racer

In very very good form. . Do you have any idea if he is riding the TT.. cause yoh.. TTT, TT and RR would be a lot.

Archived