2017 UCI Road World Champs Bergen 16-24 September

Gen

Nice one.. Sunweb do the TTT double taking both titles[emoji122][emoji122][emoji122]

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Wow ????????‍♀️

• Replies 552
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll start.. Quickstep ..cause that's where I want him and plus no one develops young talent like them[emoji23] [emoji23]

Well, I dunno. If we are allowed to dream big, World Tour style; He's mates with LM so I would love it if he was on DDD.

He has been racing in Spain, so is Movistar on the cards?

Or should we be thinking strong pro conti team? Caja Rural?

I dunno. My mind could run wild all night on this one.

Well, I dunno. If we are allowed to dream big, World Tour style; He's mates with LM so I would love it if he was on DDD.

He has been racing in Spain, so is Movistar on the cards?

Or should we be thinking strong pro conti team? Caja Rural?

I dunno. My mind could run wild all night on this one.

Dream big.

Nice one.. Sunweb do the TTT double taking both titles[emoji122][emoji122][emoji122]

that was an impressive performance, Tom d did some big turns there. They had all six riders almost the whole way, could maybe even have burnt someone off earlier

Stop teasing us. We literally never leave our pc's, so there is no risk of us spilling the beans.

I cant, it will be announced this week from what I understand.

that was an impressive performance, Tom d did some big turns there. They had all six riders almost the whole way, could maybe even have burnt someone off earlier

I think the main reason they won was exactly because all 6 riders held it together for so long. Each was fresher, hence they rode faster. Looking at the other teams (Trek, Sky, Quickstep) who dropped one then two guys earlier, they just didnt have the beans to keep up the same pace.

The Sunweb strategy was better and their team seem to ride together better.

Made me think of the old days in the TDF when Armstrong held back the team to pick up the two fallen riders, and then went on to win the TTT. (despite the drugs of course)

So here's my question, say hypothetically speaking, you are a Saffa but ride for Movistar. Come to worlds,  the Spanish team filled with Movistar riders come to you and say, you working for Spain today. Do you ditch your country for UCI points for the team that pays your salary? Or does Worlds not count for UCI points? 

So here's my question, say hypothetically speaking, you are a Saffa but ride for Movistar. Come to worlds,  the Spanish team filled with Movistar riders come to you and say, you working for Spain today. Do you ditch your country for UCI points for the team that pays your salary? Or does Worlds not count for UCI points? 

From all my years of racing worlds in the past, my hypothetical answer would be that I would tell the Spaniards to eat a dick. It would leave a very bad taste in my mouth if my UCI trade teammates told me to race for them when we are all wearing national jerseys.

Very big in this case. Its not DDD.

I am dreaming bigger than DDD... more like Quickstep dreaming[emoji23][emoji23]

EDIT

I must be honest, I'll be disappointed if it were any of these

Sky - they'll use him up and spit him out

Astana - same story plus the dodge bit

UAE - he may as well ride on his own

BAHRAIN - that Prince is dodge as hell when it comes to human rights violations...doesn't sit lekker with me.

Cannondale may be lekker they are also good at developing talent..unfortunately I am not so sure how secure his future will be with them..taking it year by year puts a lot of stress on the riders IMO.

From all my years of racing worlds in the past, my hypothetical answer would be that I would tell the Spaniards to eat a ****. It would leave a very bad taste in my mouth if my UCI trade teammates told me to race for them when we are all wearing national jerseys.

Mmmm.. the smaller countries (with fewer riders) are known to assist each other when they are racing for the same WT team if say one has a more realistic chance of winning world's. ...all unofficially of course. [emoji39]

Mmmm.. the smaller countries (with fewer riders) are known to assist each other when they are racing for the same WT team if say one has a more realistic chance of winning world's. ...all unofficially of course. [emoji39]

Sure, coming to an unofficial agreement is perhaps less distasteful than having Spain tell me I'm pulling for them. But I'm a Saffa. I have cycling superpower mentality.

...On second thought, would rather pull for Spain than for Impey  :ph34r:

In a lot of cases team i.e. Movistar takes preferences if you a small country team with like 2 or so riders.

Sure, coming to an unofficial agreement is perhaps less distasteful than having Spain tell me I'm pulling for them. But I'm a Saffa. I have cycling superpower mentality.

...On second thought, would rather pull for Spain than for Impey  :ph34r:

I only used Spain as an example. 

Archived