2017 UCI Road World Champs Bergen 16-24 September

Gen

For sure, I understood that. Yes its happening, just right now I cant say publicly with who until he announces it. But we will all be impressed.

That's good to hear. I hope it all comes together for him.

• Replies 552
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

For sure, I understood that. Yes its happening, just right now I cant say publicly with who until he announces it. But we will all be impressed.

So, B.Davids to clean up next year?

So, B.Davids to clean up next year?

He's off to Aus to be with his fiancé and ride some bikes there from what I understand. He is off any day now so unless it doesn't work out no.

Here they are:

ELITE MEN

Daryl Impey

Reinardt Janse van Rensburg

Jaco Venter

Willie Smit

U23

Stefan de Bod

Nic Dlamini

Morne van Niekerk

Elite Ladies

Ashleigh Pasio

Heidi Dalton

Chane Jonker

Junior Men

Devon Short

Ryan Terry

Jason Oosthuizen

Junior Ladies

Ashleigh Parsons

Tiffany Keep

Elne Owen

Nadia van Niekerk

Good luck all, give it a go ????

Here they are:

ELITE MEN

Daryl Impey

Reinardt Janse van Rensburg

Jaco Venter

Willie Smit

U23

Stefan de Bod

Nic Dlamini

Morne van Niekerk

Elite Ladies

Ashleigh Pasio

Heidi Dalton

Chane Jonker

Junior Men

Devon Short

Ryan Terry

Jason Oosthuizen

Junior Ladies

Ashleigh Parsons

Tiffany Keep

Elne Owen

Nadia van Niekerk

I don't understand how we can send more junior ladies when we have an elite lady who is actually the real deal and needs a decent team.

Looking at our men's elite team, it's full of hard grafters who have done the tough miles for other ones in their teams. If they gel together and the chips fall into place they have an outside chance of achieving something

Degenkolb has withdrawn from world's. .reason being that he isn't fit enough after his illness

Sagan won't ride the TTT, he fell ill after the races in Canada and will only travel to Norway on Friday. .. nothing bad just sounds like the flu but had to stay off the hike for a few days.. personally I am relieved he won't ride the TTT, hope he is able to recover 100% before the RR.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Edited by Gen

Edit: Anyone know where we can watch the TTT today?

He's off to Aus to be with his fiancé and ride some bikes there from what I understand. He is off any day now so unless it doesn't work out no.

Do you see this as a good or a bad thing? Would it have been better for him to rather join Willie in Europe instead?

I see he's been 2nd on the first two stages of the Jock Tour (although the results sheet has him in 1st on the Hillclimb???)

Edited by bertusras

. I see Supersport only start their coverage of worlds from tomorrow.

Can't see TTT schedule on my usual streaming sight Tiz Cycling, maybe check steephill TV should be options there?

BUT there is cyclo cross on SS later this evening [emoji106]

Edited by Gen

Try fromhot.com - hit & miss though, refresh refresh refresh ....   grainy lo res stream...  but better that nothing, Just make sure your Ad Blocker is on.

Do you see this as a good or a bad thing? Would it have been better for him to rather join Willie in Europe instead?

I see he's been 2nd on the first two stages of the Jock Tour (although the results sheet has him in 1st on the Hillclimb???)

Australia produces a lot of talent and the racing domestically is very very good, many levels above SA. Its clear when you see how many have gone onto World Tour and MTB internationally. Is it the right path? If he makes the most of it and uses it as a stepping stone to bigger things then yes. 

To head over to Europe would be a good call as Aus depending where he goes, races and team. What I am going to say now is not a dig, its out of respect and Brendon and I are mates, he has a lot of talent yes, but he isnt WIllie Smit on a bike. There is a reason Willie is placing where he does Internationally and the team that he will be riding for 2018/19. 

Can Brendon do it? I hope he does and Yes Im sure he has as good as chance. I hope the path he takes does come right for him as he rightfully deserves it and doesn't warrant racing here in SA unfortunately. 

Kent Main won the TT opening, not Brendon, however, he won overall which is what counts and well done to him. 

the team that he will be riding for 2018/19. 

Stop teasing us. We literally never leave our pc's, so there is no risk of us spilling the beans.

Stop teasing us. We literally never leave our pc's, so there is no risk of us spilling the beans.

..nah. he won't. . He is probably bound by blood oath to say nothing.. so our imaginations can run wild..

I'll start.. Quickstep ..cause that's where I want him and plus no one develops young talent like them[emoji23] [emoji23]

Now you go.[emoji23] [emoji23]

Edited by Gen