2017 UCI Road World Champs Bergen 16-24 September

Gen

To be honest only Ash should be there( opens up can of worms)

If you can afford to go, why not?

There is no disputing this course and her form puts her heads and shoulders above everyone. Eish, its not just about winning, otherwise we should just have team sky riding around france with cameras etc, as no one else is going to beat them, so why should they even compete. 

• Replies 552
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Couple of our local ladies have been based around Europe this year and you will be surprised how well they would do in the bunch. 

Terrible logic. Ash gets dropped, who is going to pace her back? Ash going to spend time in the wind? Ash going to drop back and get bottles? Ash going to chase down breakaways? Ash has earned the majority of the points and deserves to be there, but she also deserves teammates supporting her surely.

Terrible logic. Ash gets dropped, who is going to pace her back? Ash going to spend time in the wind? Ash going to drop back and get bottles? Ash going to chase down breakaways? Ash has earned the majority of the points and deserves to be there, but she also deserves teammates supporting her surely.

Why are only 3 going when we have 6 slots available for the ladies. .or are there only 3 that can afford to go.. because Ashley deserves some solid support ..especially on that course and the form she is in.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Why are only 3 going when we have 6 slots available for the ladies. .or are there only 3 that can afford to go.. because Ashley deserves some solid support ..especially on that course and the form she is in.

Definitely costs

Quick estimate to go

- R1200 for visa

- R9000 for flights

- R1500 for bike box to be flown

- R1200 for travel in Bergen

- At least R300 a day for food

So trip could easily add up to R20 000. Some of our best ladies hold down a day time job so it might mean unpaid leave as well

Don't think there is anyone really strong enough to support Ash.

If you hanging on back of the bunch for dear life and then bail halfway you are zero support.

Definitely costs

Quick estimate to go

- R1200 for visa

- R9000 for flights

- R1500 for bike box to be flown

- R1200 for travel in Bergen

- At least R300 a day for food

So trip could easily add up to R20 000. Some of our best ladies hold down a day time job so it might mean unpaid leave as well

Such a shame that CSA are so useless

Don't think there is anyone really strong enough to support Ash.

If you hanging on back of the bunch for dear life and then bail halfway you are zero support.

We actually do have ladies that are strong enough to support Ash...

Willie won in Spain yesterday during final preparations for WC

Couple of our local ladies have been based around Europe this year and you will be surprised how well they would do in the bunch. 

Wont stand a chance unfortunately when it counts. Local SA ladies have a long way to go still when it comes to racing Worlds or front end of a ladies Pro Tour event. 

We actually do have ladies that are strong enough to support Ash...

Willie won in Spain yesterday during final preparations for WC

That wasn't final prep for Worlds. That was Willie racing his bike to end off the season. He was a late call up to Worlds road due to someone pulling out not wanting to find their trip. TT was always on the cards due to African. 

So glad Willie got a call up. He seriously needs to make the jump from local racing and short stints in smaller European races to WT.

He placed very well in some Big Euro events this year. The jump is done, its happening.

Such a shame that CSA are so useless

A lot can be said against CSA but the reality of cycling as a sport is that only a "handful" of cyclists world wide can be fully professional and earn a living from the sport. The money in SA with cycling is in event organising...no matter what the organisers say! It is to expensive to fund development in Europe from SA. This I am seeing now first hand living in the UK

Even Australia struggles for funding yearly and to support elite riders and they are also a sporting mad country and there currency still means something.

He placed very well in some Big Euro events this year. The jump is done, its happening.

I know he placed well, that's why I said he needs to make the jump up to WT. You say it's happening, Who is he riding for next year?

I know he placed well, that's why I said he needs to make the jump up to WT. You say it's happening, Who is he riding for next year?

For sure, I understood that. Yes its happening, just right now I cant say publicly with who until he announces it. But we will all be impressed.