Ironman 70.3 East London 2018

clivem

My shirt arrived on Monday. The parcel was opened, but the shirt was intact. I am actually surprised it arrived. The shirt fits way better, and is better quality imo - so not disappointed. 

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ok, what deliveries have been misplaced?

The whole of SA's AWA letter deliveries it seems- all the pics online that I found were dated 15 Feb 2018, even in other languages.  Maybe they didn't bother sending them to SA AWA athletes!

You had any reply back to your emails as yet?

Edited by lurkerza

The whole of SA's AWA letter deliveries it seems- all the pics online that I found were dated 15 Feb 2018, even in other languages.  Maybe they didn't bother sending them to SA AWA athletes!

I put more faith in Ironman. SAPO are probably the culprit here. 

Crickets.....

The whole of SA's AWA letter deliveries it seems- all the pics online that I found were dated 15 Feb 2018, even in other languages. Maybe they didn't bother sending them to SA AWA athletes!

Nope! :(

Maybe some others can email as well, hopefully one of us will get a response!

Edited by shaper

I don't think this is a Ironman SA issue - all the letters I have seen online are signed off from Andrew Messick Ironman CEO, quick troll through instagram indicates that European athletes received their letters at the end of March to mid April, Aussies and Kiwi's seem to have got theirs at the end of April.  Saw a USA athlete got hers on 9 May.  So maybe ours are still on their way.

• 3 weeks later...

So today I had enough of waiting, so I emailed a couple people who appeared somewhat important at Ironman whose email I could find in relation to AWA , including CEO@ironman.com and Andrew@ironman.com. Email delivery seems to have gone through, so if I ever hear anything back I'll provide an update.

Right so it looks like I poked the bear!  My email to the CEO was forwarded to the Director of Global Athlete Development and he is looking into the matter, he acknowledged that a few athletes were "unintentionally left out" and that everything was mailed out in February to athletes all over the world.  I have asked him if I may post his email address here for others to follow up with him on their gifts, but in the meantime if you want his email address drop me a PM.

@shaper, i'll PM you his email as I know you are also waiting.

OK the Ironman guy had a panic attack when I threatened to post is email address, here is his response to the issue - at least they acknowledged that it went wrong and are fixing it

As I mentioned we recently discovered a wide spread problem with the initial gift send and are working to fulfill it quickly.  We are compiling lists of all who were not sent their items, so everyone will be getting their gift soon, no need to email. In order to be able to get this (and the many other duties of my very small department) done in a timely manner, please do not share my email on any public forums or as private messages as that will likely slow down the process of gift fulfilment. If you need to share information, awa@ironman.com is the appropriate email address to share.

so if you didn't get your pack drop them an email with your full name,DOB and your email registered on Ironman if it's different

• 2 weeks later...

Nope! :(

Maybe some others can email as well, hopefully one of us will get a response!

So I got this response after how long... 

Good Afternoon,

We are having some mailing difficulties at our warehouse and as soon as the problem is fixed you will be receiving your AWA Package.

Sorry for the inconvenience

Yeah whatever AWA, but at least they responded.

• 2 months later...

So I got this response after how long... 

Good Afternoon,

We are having some mailing difficulties at our warehouse and as soon as the problem is fixed you will be receiving your AWA Package.

Sorry for the inconvenience

Yeah whatever AWA, but at least they responded.

AND then: I get this email last week:

Hi William,

I apologize for the delay that affected the majority of AWA athletes from the 2018 season. We have just finalized the processing of these items and most of the African welcome packs were shipped from our mailing house in the USA last week and should be arriving to you soon.

I only got this last week when I sent an email query about the AWA goodies in May 2018....

This is an automated response confirming that we received your email. Your inquiry is important to us and our staff will follow up with you shortly.

IRONMAN and Rock 'n' Roll are committed to providing athletes the ultimate event experience, one that includes supporting participants from start to finish. We always welcome feedback and take everything into consideration while planning future events.

If needed, you can add a comment or respond by simply replying to this email.

Thank you,
Athlete Services
World Triathlon Corporation 

This is funny.  I received my shirt today.  The post stamp on the package is dated 17 May 2018.  That's pretty much five months from PE to JHB.  :eek: