Ironman 70.3 East London 2018

clivem

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If you want to make it a bit of a holiday as well, rather stay in Gonubi.  In town is really crappy. I stayed at the Majestic. It overlooks the bike park but man is it an old hotel and the surrounding area has not been updated since the 70 (feels like).

The Gonubi area is beautiful and 5-10 minutes away.

If you want to make it a bit of a holiday as well, rather stay in Gonubi.  In town is really crappy. I stayed at the Majestic. It overlooks the bike park but man is it an old hotel and the surrounding area has not been updated since the 70 (feels like).

The Gonubi area is beautiful and 5-10 minutes away.

Thank you

Gonubie = Place of Legends

lekker places to eat and no matter where you stay you are never more than 2km away from the ocean

disclaimer: 5-10 min away depends on roadworks and school holidays

• 2 months later...

The next 4 weeks is going to be very important.  Have to keep the intensity up in training :thumbup:  

Tell me about it. I am ready to start tapering and go on holiday. Tomorrow morning my run consists of 8 x 1km at threshold pace. Biggest set has been 6 x 1km to date. Those last two are going to be interesting after hill repeats yesterday, and a massive bike tonight with sets over FTP. 

Still trying to understand why I love this sport despite all the pain it inflicts.  :ph34r: