Grantc #1649

ADe #1418

nochain #1121

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ironman site now has a live athlete tracker and you can follow multiple athletes at the same time. Very sweet.

Might have been around a long time but first time I have seen this functionality,

Update of Hubbers results (in finish time order):

Jono Waddell #462 5:11:06

Garfield2010 #340 5:23:58

ADe #1418 5:42:00

lurkerza #253 5:43:52

shaper #186 5:46:21

clivem #1694 6:08:08

Curbie #1622 6:09:18

Carmichael #1180 6:18:04

Jakopregop #1094 6:38:36

Cycling Major #703 6:51:12

muagie #1089 6:59:12

Grantc #1649 7:08:43

Stevo9119 #1033 7:22:30

nochain #1121 7:53:40

EmJayZA #2100 7:55:41

stevec94 no number

Well Done! Respect to all of you for committing to the training, toeing the start line and following through with intent. Wear the medal, T-shirt & swim cap with pride!

We all know that the finish time only tells part of the story... looking forward to the race reports here ????

edit: additional hubbers & times added.

Edited by amr63

Thanks for the support guys!

As always EL is a tough and humbling race, it never gets easy you just get faster!

Swim whilst choppy was ok, as usual with this race rain and wind on the bike leg.I was happy with my pacing on the way out to the turn around, but the headwind on the way back ser me back 10 mins on what was hoping to do.

Without fail the sky clears and then run becomes a hot and humid affair. Wasn't feeling great at the start of the run, a little nauseous, but settled into a steady pace and seemed to managed ok, felt that perhaps was dehydrated from the cycle, so had more water than usual. The 2nd loop started to feel stronger and pushed to the finish.

Very happy with the overall time and 26mins faster than last year. The goal was a 5.45hr, so missed it by a minute.... will take that!!

To all who raced and finished, fantastic and well done, especially those first timers. If you can do and finish East London, you can do any 70.3.

Tomorrow a rest day, then back to training for PE :)

Thanks for the support guys!

As always EL is a tough and humbling race, it never gets easy you just get faster!

Swim whilst choppy was ok, as usual with this race rain and wind on the bike leg.I was happy with my pacing on the way out to the turn around, but the headwind on the way back ser me back 10 mins on what was hoping to do.

Without fail the sky clears and then run becomes a hot and humid affair. Wasn't feeling great at the start of the run, a little nauseous, but settled into a steady pace and seemed to managed ok, felt that perhaps was dehydrated from the cycle, so had more water than usual. The 2nd loop started to feel stronger and pushed to the finish.

Very happy with the overall time and 26mins faster than last year. The goal was a 5.45hr, so missed it by a minute.... will take that!!

To all who raced and finished, fantastic and well done, especially those first timers. If you can do and finish East London, you can do any 70.3.

Tomorrow a rest day, then back to training for PE :)

I was watching the weather this morning and when I headed out the humidity was up and the heat was unbearable. You guys all did an amazing job running in that. I had a hard enough time watching from my inlaws place in Bunkers Hill!!

I was watching the weather this morning and when I headed out the humidity was up and the heat was unbearable. You guys all did an amazing job running in that. I had a hard enough time watching from my inlaws place in Bunkers Hill!!

Weather forecast said was going to be 25 degs with 71% humidity... my garmin recorded 30 degs on the run and am sure the humidity was much more.  I never put sun tan lotion on my legs and they hardly ever burn, the back of my legs are red today!!

DA\/ID no number

Congratulations to everyone who finished!

I'm only in for PE and maybe Durban this year, Ill do EL next year again.

Edited by DA\/ID

Thanks for the support, esp up bunkers that helps a lot. Buffalo City is properly tough. Not the time I was hoping for but for the first one I will take it. I know where I need work.