Tour de France 2018

gummibear

Well sagan still in green..[emoji4][emoji4][emoji4]

Now I will wait for his post race comments..???? that it was just a bad day.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What if it's the sign of things to come Gen?

Have you prepared yourself for that???

What if it's the sign of things to come Gen?

Have you prepared yourself for that???

NO!!! and take that back

Where the favourites are.a3464df9400305de4c7ee895fb89aafa.jpg

Froome surrounded by top contenders that will follow any move, so that should play into the hands of Tom, he will not be required to follow the moves himself.

Froome is going to have to try unconventional attacks, like the descent he did a year or two ago. Think the plan is still for Sky to work for Froome and for Thomas to stick with him as far as possible, not going to give up the 40odd seconds between the two for nothing.

This is setup to be a much more exciting Tour.

Better go read up about tomorrow in my Tour Magazine, best time of the year!

Phew.. just bad legs today...

"I had bad legs today, from the start. It was really hot and I also lost my bottle on a bump, just 400 meters into the race. I gave my best, as I always do, but I also suffered a lot to respect the coveted yellow jersey I had. I wish I could have contributed a little bit more to Rafal's GC quest today but this is the way it is in sports. You have good days, you have difficult days. Tomorrow we'll have another chance and, once again, we will give it our all. "

Surely now Movistar will go to plan Landa...

Surely now Movistar will go to plan Landa...

Unless (as I suspect) Landa is not as "in form" as he used to be whipped into before the tour. Sometimes a little more rope is enough and sometimes riders make their own noose like that.

My most pleasing result is Rigo in the top 10

Today was key for the team in pink as they campaign for GC ????

My most pleasing result is Rigo in the top 10

Today was key for the team in pink as they campaign for GC

Yip, EF say the TTT was a win for them as even with Craddock`s injuries they move Uran up the GC !!

Can anyone tell me how the TTT timing works(ed)? I get that it's the 4th over the line with an 8-man team, but what about the riders dropped from their team? I understand that they need to be within 25% of the winning time, but if their team is 1min down, and they are 2min down as an individual, is that the time they get?

the way I understand it is that any rider who drops off his team will get the time he crosses the line. So if his team finishes 5min ahead of him he'll get a time 5 min worse than the team.

Otherwise you'd have riders deliberately dropping off to rest and just coming in within the time limit and getting their team times

Can anyone tell me how the TTT timing works(ed)? I get that it's the 4th over the line with an 8-man team, but what about the riders dropped from their team? I understand that they need to be within 25% of the winning time, but if their team is 1min down, and they are 2min down as an individual, is that the time they get?

Yesterday it was 30% because of the course profile and correct if rider doesn't finish with team they get the time when they cross the line..like with Sagan yesterday.

Was anyone eliminated due to the time cut yesterday? Remember Ted King being ousted a few years back on the TTT (and his tour debut) due to some injury.  That was nuts.

Yesterday it was 30% because of the course profile and correct if rider doesn't finish with team they get the time when they cross the line..like with Sagan yesterday.

Interesting, I was under the impression everyone that finished got the time of the team as long as they finish within the cutoff.

What is the requirement for finishing "with the team"? Is it a 1s/3s gap? Because there are various stages of being "dropped" in the finish...

Archived