ASG The Store! Happy Hour Sale

FondyMig

Dear FondiMig, would you mind mailing Hylton with your real email so we can resolve this.  Hylton@asgworld.co.za.  Sorry for the inconvenience.

This clearly doesn't seem to happening.

Am now concerned about waiting for my out of stock shoes to arrive in November. It's seems this could be only a pipe dream and I should start the refund procedure now .

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So Asg I have a question for you.

Your last sidi sale was on Tuesday 10th of October . Bought 3 pairs of shoes of which I eventually received nearly 10 days later . The 3rd pair I was told there was no stock and would have to wait until end of November for them .

I asked why and was to.d that's the system couldn't update quick enough due to the sale and amount of business you were you doing. Not really acceptable but ok .

Then today you advertise your sidi sale on again and low & behold the same sidi gossip black & grey in size 39 on your website is still in stock . How can you not update your stock from the 10th of October or do you have stock and asg actually have little clue in what stock they do and don't have . Seriously this is with out doubt the poorest service.

Have added a screen shot (with time stamp)from this morning after my wife told me you do actually have stock ????

Care to respond ?

post-51529-0-51453900-1508742397_thumb.png

Edited by Pikey

So Asg I have a question for you.

Your last sidi sale was on Tuesday 10th of October . Bought 3 pairs of shoes of which I eventually received nearly 10 days later . The 3rd pair I was told there was no stock and would have to wait until end of November for them .

I asked why and was to.d that's the system couldn't update quick enough due to the sale and amount of business you were you doing. Not really acceptable but ok .

Then today you advertise your sidi sale on again and low & behold the same sidi gossip black & grey in size 39 on your website is still in stock . How can you not update your stock from the 10th of October or do you have stock and asg actually have little clue in what stock they do and don't have . Seriously this is with out doubt the poorest service.

Have added a screen shot (with time stamp)from this morning after my wife told me you do actually have stock ????

Care to respond ?

You joking right?

I am now starting to think they are doing this intentionally, its a sales ploy to get you to commit cash.

There is enough examples here to justify a complaint with the ASA.

You joking right?

I am now starting to think they are doing this intentionally, its a sales ploy to get you to commit cash.

ASA can only enforce / prosecute it's members.

Doubt ASG are members

Ordered on Monday afternoon, shoes was delivered this morning. Great service but from everyones posts it is very hit and miss. I also did not get any communication from them that the order was completed or shipped, which is something they can definitely improve on.

ASA can only enforce / prosecute it's members.

Doubt ASG are members

Thats not the point, they have a responsibility to advertise accurately and responsibly, if the ASA cannot do something about it, there will be a body who can.

These daily ASG mails is really starting to piss me off. Daily mails are spam.

Yes I could (barely) live with the spam when it was once a week or every now and then. Now that it is daily I block/unsubscribe - would rather miss out on important info on the ASG events I do than live with their daily spam.

You joking right?

Agree that's it's in all likelihood a ploy and an underhanded one at that. when I spoke to the brand manger ( I think his name is Hilton) and wanted an answer he told me that because of the volumes in sales there system couldn't update quick enough. He did however assure me that it would be rectified and updated immediately. So much for that right .

If the wife didn't want the damn trainers so much would have requested my refund already . But part of me also wants them to give me the 50% discount on there new stock, when it arrives ,if it ever does.

Anybody want some blue sidi shot size 44 at 50% of , I promise I do have stock

Have waisted enough time on asg already. Am done .

Thats not the point, they have a responsibility to advertise accurately and responsibly, if the ASA cannot do something about it, there will be a body who can.

ANYBODY can... just vote with your feet and wallet...

but seriously, this is not ayoba

• 3 weeks later...

I thought I was the only one.......

I placed an order 13 Oct, phoned in 2 days later to try get the tracking number that was mentioned in the order confirmation e-mail. Left messages but no return call. Phoned again and was promised I would be called back the next morning with feedback. By lunchtime I called in again and left another message. By the 23rd (10 Days later) still no call back or update on my order.

I sent an unpleasant e-mail and the following day received a call saying two thirds of the items I ordered are out of stock...... I am not surprised they are out of stock if you take 10 days to pick the stock! I was offered mix 'n match alternatives but just wanted my money back and bought from another online store that seems to have their act together.

Really disappointed with the whole experience and can see why some companies are market leaders and others trundle along.

I am still waiting to be be told the exact ETA of my order. On 18 October I was told it should be arriving in the next week but they will inform me of the exact ETA.  Disgusting service.

I am still waiting to be be told the exact ETA of my order. On 18 October I was told it should be arriving in the next week but they will inform me of the exact ETA.  Disgusting service.

I've since received my refund and have tried hard to forget the experience with ASG.  But today I came back to this thread and was shocked to read about how many people got treated similarly. Reading through the messages, I'm glad I unsubscribed from their messaging list because I too felt it was spam. It seems that they are trying to simply get rid of excess stock and personally think this "50% off before our Pretoria branch opens" tagline is hogwash.  

And the promises from Hylton never realised. He posted on this thread once, begged for forgiveness and made committments he never honoured. I'm sorry for the guys that are still awaiting delivery (I was given the same "opportunity" to wait for end of November but refused that). 

I'm done with ASG, I'm not used to dealing with people that act dubiously. 

Edited by FondyMig

Shoes, R3500, Bargain... all in the same sentence [emoji38]

The things we tell ourselves

Exactly what I was thinking. Bunch of consumerists the lot of you. I have been cycling regularly for the last 12 years... Arguably a little less in the last 4 years... But have only ever bought 2 pairs of cycling shoes for a total cost less than the "bargain" half price