Where to get steerer tube extenders?

Nuffy

I’m looking for a steerer tube extender, preferably new from a supplier who can post within SA. Something like this from Rose or this from BBB would fit the bill.

Alternatively, any suggestions for getting a higher bar position without purchasing a new fork with a longer steerer tube? Higher rise bars might help. I’m worried that any stem that has that much rise would also increase the reach too much.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There are occasionally ST extenders for sale here in the classifieds.

Alternatively try and find a BBB stockist. I'm sure I've seen them in Sportsmans warehouse and they have an online shop?

Is importing from CRC or Bike24 out of the question for you?

Re a steeper stem, there are calculators on the web which let you play with differing sizes and they give you changes in rise and stack etc. It's only really basic trig if you're comfortable with that?

Or maybe this is still available?

https://www.olx.co.za/item/steering-tube-extender-iid-1008290331

Edited by Fat Boab

MTB I presume?

Re bars - very definitely an option. I've got a set of these on my MTB and they're bloody fantastic. 

50mm rise. 

Hitting the dirt jumps, bro?!

Hitting the dirt jumps, bro?!

Nah. Slammed the 50mm bars instead of having a couple of spacers under a low rise bar. Gives a longer effective reach measurement when compared to raising your bar by shifting it up the steerer as the rise goes directly up instead of up at 65 deg. 

The Reign is already pretty low thanks to the short steerer tube and 65 deg head angle, so stack height isn't a problem. I'm now at more or less the same bar height, but with more reach. 

Thanks for the replies. Yes, it is for MTB, for a friend. He wasn’t so keen on getting high-rise bars, but I’ll discuss it further with him. I’ll also see if I can locate a BBB stockist who can help, or contact them directly to see about making an order. I couldn’t find an online shop for them. Otherwise we may need to resort to ordering from an overseas online store, which is not our preferred option but is not out of the question. I may also place some Wanted ads.

Thanks for the replies. Yes, it is for MTB, for a friend. He wasn’t so keen on getting high-rise bars, but I’ll discuss it further with him. I’ll also see if I can locate a BBB stockist who can help, or contact them directly to see about making an order. I couldn’t find an online shop for them. Otherwise we may need to resort to ordering from an overseas online store, which is not our preferred option but is not out of the question. I may also place some Wanted ads.

www.sportsmanswarehouse.co.za have an online shop, and they sell lots of BBB stuff. Maybe they can help?

www.sportsmanswarehouse.co.za have an online shop, and they sell lots of BBB stuff. Maybe they can help?

Thanks, that’s a great idea. Unfortunately they don’t have it in their online store, and so I submitted an enquiry, but the supplier hasn’t brought it in either and doesn’t have stock. So it looks like that’s a dead-end. I’ll follow up on some of the other options.

Send me a PM.

Think I've got one of the BBB ones lying in my toolbox at home if you dont mind used. Will need to check I still have it and all the bits

• 4 years later...

Anyone have a idea where I can buy an extender local? Just spent 1 hour searching and bokkerol results...

Edited by pistonpomp

Depending on the length you require could easily be made by someone with a lathe and some knowledge. 

Edited by warick_wrx

I have this one which I am not using. Will work on 1.125 inch aluminium steerer tube. Extends the height about 2.5 cm.

20221031_164349.jpg

Extender.JPG

Edited by Martin PJ