CWC Online: BLACK FRIDAY

CWC Online

Got an sms saying order is ready for collection.

So off we trundle on Saturday afternoon.

We are looking to buy a cheap bike for the trainer we have come to collect. Salesman ask if he can help, I say I want a cheap under 5k 29er for the Mrs on the trainer. Got a flat simple no. Just no. ok, will try second hand market.

Go to collect my goodies from online orders.

No Sir, Sorry sir, we sent those SMS's out by mistake. Your order is not ready. WHAT ? Why did you not send an sms to correct the mistake? Get a blank stare. Now what I ask? Sorry sir you can come back sir. LIKE HELL ! I tell the salesman he will deliver for free when everything is here. Send an email for that please and I will see what I can do.

Just as we about to leave, I ask about the Marvel 29er I see, oh its like less than 4k. For flowers sake.

I know many have great experiences with the place, but the rest of us just dont. Yes things get done, but it is always uphill.

I would like to see how these clowns "defend" this?

• Replies 592
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Got an sms saying order is ready for collection.

So off we trundle on Saturday afternoon.

We are looking to buy a cheap bike for the trainer we have come to collect. Salesman ask if he can help, I say I want a cheap under 5k 29er for the Mrs on the trainer. Got a flat simple no. Just no. ok, will try second hand market.

Go to collect my goodies from online orders.

No Sir, Sorry sir, we sent those SMS's out by mistake. Your order is not ready. WHAT ? Why did you not send an sms to correct the mistake? Get a blank stare. Now what I ask? Sorry sir you can come back sir. LIKE HELL ! I tell the salesman he will deliver for free when everything is here. Send an email for that please and I will see what I can do.

Just as we about to leave, I ask about the Marvel 29er I see, oh its like less than 4k. For flowers sake.

I know many have great experiences with the place, but the rest of us just dont. Yes things get done, but it is always uphill.

You walk in there not looking like a racing snake and see how much attention you get.

so the short picked order was sent out on friday morning "over night". Still at dawnwing... !?

Edited by JTK

Dawn Wing are useless.

I got my Black Friday box this morning eventually... looked like it had been rolled all the way from the depot to my office.

All items in my big box except the valves ordered for the wheelset.

I doubt these boxes are packed at CWC, I cant imagine them packing like this.

post-12441-0-52861200-1512383354_thumb.jpg

Dawn Wing are useless.

I got my Black Friday box this morning eventually... looked like it had been rolled all the way from the depot to my office.

IMG_4403.jpg

At least you have received yours, mine was shipped last week Monday, arrived in JHB on Wednesday, got handed over to Time Freight from Dawnwing on Saturday, the last scan was yesterday heading to Sasolburg, a good 100km from where it is supposed to be delivered...

Got my order on Friday, luckily everything was there.

Bit disappointed with my new LOBO Camelback though, I have one from around 2010 or so and personally I think the material is a better quality (much thinner material now like a tent). The straps also look like they may be less durable than the older model as well...

Still...we will see if they honour 'We've got your Bak' promise should anything break on the bag...

Ordered last Monday

Still no parcel and Dawnwing are unresponsive on queries.

Normally things work well, but this one has been a disappointment.

Ordered last Monday

Still no parcel and Dawnwing are unresponsive on queries.

Normally things work well, but this one has been a disappointment.

CAN I PLEASE HAVE YOUR ORDER NR SIR? 

Dawn Wing are useless.

attachicon.gifIMG_4403.jpg

Yes you are right ... CWC wont pack parcels like this. Thank you for the image. This will be going to management for further discussion. Thank you 

Edited by CWC Online

Oom Chris, those Shimano PDM520's have been tempting me since Black Friday, and their link is dead as a doornail which leads me to believe that they're sold out / no longer available? Any chance they'll be making a return or perhaps have a set of these up for sale... at the same price? (Am I pushing my luck? :) )

https://www.cwcycles.co.za/product/shimano-pdm-530-pedals

Edited by FrikkieMeyer87

Yes you are right ... CWC wont pack parcels like this. Thank you for the image. This will be going to management for further discussion. Thank you 

That moer of a hole is probably where my valves fell out prior to the patching with brown buff tape.

More pics were sent to your sales@cwc and online@cwc email addresses.

Order number : 116566

Got the wheelset but cant tape them up and put tyres on as I dont wanna use old vrot valves and then have to change them in a weeks time.  :(

@ CWC

You guys shipped the balance of my short picked order on Friday morning "over night". This parcel still shows as "Arrived at depot" with date and time of Saturday morning @ 2:00. I know it was flown up as it left CPT depot a few hours before it got scanned into Jhb depot. Thus I know you guys paid for a service you are not getting. This is not your fault. However is has not moved from that status and they are quick to start talking until I quote the times and details. Then no more communications from them. CWC109770B They are at this point causing CWC significant reputational damage.

thought I would mention...

Edited by JTK

Ordered 3 times last week for different things - yes, 3 times. Somethings were just to good to pass up.

Order 1: Perfect but delivery from Dawnwing was terrible, not CWC fault.

Order 2: Perfect but delivery from Dawnwing was terrible, not CWC fault.

Order 3: Ordered a saddle but received one that looked similar but definitely not what I wanted or what was advertised on the website - didn't come in a box so I couldn't see exactly what was sent. Have emailed online@cwcyles.co.za with photos of the advert and what I got. Lets see what happens.

Ordered 3 times last week for different things - yes, 3 times. Somethings were just to good to pass up.

Order 1: Perfect but delivery from Dawnwing was terrible, not CWC fault.

Order 2: Perfect but delivery from Dawnwing was terrible, not CWC fault.

Order 3: Ordered a saddle but received one that looked similar but definitely not what I wanted or what was advertised on the website - didn't come in a box so I couldn't see exactly what was sent. Have emailed online@cwcyles.co.za with photos of the advert and what I got. Lets see what happens.

Was something that puzzles me as well. Nothing comes in a box. It is all just tossed into a bid box. as in loose pieces of kit. In my case loose items include, but not limited to, chain. I havent even checked if there is a pin in the box come to think of it. Cassette (yes loose). derailer, gear shifter. some in a thin plastic bag some items just loose in the box. nothing in a box of any kind.. The only items I recieved packaged like expected was BB and chainring (shrinkwrap-mounted on cardboard). The two tubes I ordered for my kid were one completely out of it's packaging and the other halfway out. They were boxed. Anyways... what I am trying to say. It is obvious how the boxes get treated given the condition of the tube packaging inside the bid box. It seems rather silly to toss the loose items metal against plastic (shifter) in the same box to shake around...  Anyways.. just my thoughts...

ps: this is not a new phenomenon. It happens with every box with multiple items I have received in the past form CWC. I started to assume that they get loads of components "OEM" with no packaging... At some point I thought they just send out shop-soiled items or returns...

Edited by JTK

Okay, so my previous defence of Dawn Wing was short lived, had my package arrive for delivery in a town 250km away from where I am. Don't the people at Dawn wing who sort have the basic ability to read? Or do we just read up until the suburb and then decide on the city as well? They told me on Friday they would reroute it for delivery, then on Saturday I got phoned again, different driver, same town 250km away.  .  . Now they say it may be there by tomorrow. . .  Pathetic. . . I would rather take Mr. Delivery. I could have taken part in the Munga and gone to Cape Town after and still got my goods before its taken the couriers to bring it here. . .