Titan Skyrim Range, yes or no?

bologniusmaximus

Bolognius did you end up getting a Skyrim? I am also interested in one but can't find any reviews or 3rd party info on them. I testrode one in a parkinglot the past weekend and really liked it so I am really interested to find out how they are on trails.

I never did no. I really really wanted to but in the end got screwed over by a local bike shop. I ended up with a Giant Trance 2 GE. Bit more expensive, but I absolutely love it.

About the Skyrim, I would still recommend it, if you can get it through a reputable lbs then get it. You test rode it after all. It's capable, solid welding all over the frame. The frame is well made as well. Parts aren't bad at all.

Only question remaining, which one will you get?

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I never did no. I really really wanted to but in the end got screwed over by a local bike shop. I ended up with a Giant Trance 2 GE. Bit more expensive, but I absolutely love it.

About the Skyrim, I would still recommend it, if you can get it through a reputable lbs then get it. You test rode it after all. It's capable, solid welding all over the frame. The frame is well made as well. Parts aren't bad at all.

Only question remaining, which one will you get?

To be honest I am not planning on racing or anytging I am just looking for a bike to have some fun on and the inly reason I am looking for full suspension is because of a dodgy lower back. So I am looking at the Trail and thinking doing a fork upgrade in future. The wife said I can only get a bike if I buy her one too so the price difference between the Comp and Trail will make that happen ha ha.

To be honest I am not planning on racing or anytging I am just looking for a bike to have some fun on and the inly reason I am looking for full suspension is because of a dodgy lower back. So I am looking at the Trail and thinking doing a fork upgrade in future. The wife said I can only get a bike if I buy her one too so the price difference between the Comp and Trail will make that happen ha ha.

I've been in the exact same position you are currently. Also have lower back issues and some very dodgy carpal in my wrists. Not to mention the wife also rides with me.

So here are some interesting things to consider:

The Skyrim has decent travel, it'll help a lot with back issues, not to mention the plus tyres will cushion every bump you go over. So it'll be a comfy ride for you. There's aren't a lot of dual sus plus bikes like it.

What are you thinking about getting your wife? Is she new to riding? Send me a message and we can talk. Would love to help out.

Yikes. Now the question is do I get the Trail and save 5k or get the Elite that now falls in my budget?

Hello fellow two wheeler pedal heads...

so still relevant to this tread... do we go with...

option 1 - https://bike-addict.co.za/collections/giant/products/giant-trance-2-27-5-2016

option 2 - https://bike-addict.co.za/collections/titan-27-5-dual-suspension/products/titan-skyrim-elite-2018

Keep in mind Giant give you lifetime guarantee on the frame for the owner and titan is 2 years. The rest... bikes are pretty much even in terms of components and current price.

Very eager to hear your views... 

option 1 - https://bike-addict.co.za/collections/giant/products/giant-trance-2-27-5-2016

option 2 - https://bike-addict.co.za/collections/titan-27-5-dual-suspension/products/titan-skyrim-elite-2018

Keep in mind Giant give you lifetime guarantee on the frame for the owner and titan is 2 years. The rest... bikes are pretty much even in terms of components and current price.

Personally, I would go for the Giant. The Trance is tried and trusted, and is a popular choice here on the hub.

I'll be honest with you, the Skyrim looks really cool and is something few other riders will have so you will always have some heads turning.

But the Trance 2 GE is what I have, and I absolutely love the bike. With a shorter stem and wider bars it becomes a crazy nimble enduro beast.

You should test ride both bikes, look at suspension carefully. Test out rigidness of the frames and stability on forks. Maybe look at which one would be easier to keep clean? But other wise, you have to decide for yourself.

I just think it's a good idea to ride a bike before you buy it. Unless you are 100% sure on what you want.

Thanks guys,

It was last year when I decided I was going to buy the Giant this year… and then the Titan came along that put me in the fork of the road.

Test ride! Where oh where do they allow you to test ride these bikes? But I will call up and try to find out… but here in JHB I have hardly seen this.

So I’m leaning more towards the Titan because, I’m so ashamed to say, I LOVE the way it looks! I only ride about 3 to 4 times a month and I would like to do between 30km to 45km. At the moment I have an Axis A60 (super entry level bike) and I’m looking at these trail bikes for more comfort and to be more capable on rocks and roots. More comments are always welcome and I will definitely update this thread when I finally make a decision on which one to get! I need to make that decision today!!!

Thanks guys,

It was last year when I decided I was going to buy the Giant this year… and then the Titan came along that put me in the fork of the road.

Test ride! Where oh where do they allow you to test ride these bikes? But I will call up and try to find out… but here in JHB I have hardly seen this.

So I’m leaning more towards the Titan because, I’m so ashamed to say, I LOVE the way it looks! I only ride about 3 to 4 times a month and I would like to do between 30km to 45km. At the moment I have an Axis A60 (super entry level bike) and I’m looking at these trail bikes for more comfort and to be more capable on rocks and roots. More comments are always welcome and I will definitely update this thread when I finally make a decision on which one to get! I need to make that decision today!!!

The Titan does look great yeah, and it's a rock solid bike.

Contact Titan directly and they'll direct you to a shop that might have a demo available.

i would definitely go with the green one

green is always faster than grey or silver

Plus it's much brighter when you have an accident in a forest somewhere people will notice. Reason why I wear a very bright orange helmet.

i would definitely go with the green one

green is always faster than grey or silver

Ah! the racing strip logic  :w00t:

... i.e... add racing strips to a car and it goes faster :D