Non Boost to Boost adapter kit

doppelganger

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I used similar kit from HOPE on my HOPE hubs - works perfect - But check if you need to re-dish your wheel with the Rapide kit - with HOPE you dont need to re-dish the rear wheel but you need to re-dish the front wheel

I believe that with the Rapide kit having a 3mm spacer on each side, the rim effectively stays in the middle of the frame which means you don't have to re-dish the wheel. 

With that, the spacing of your cassette (chainline) remains non-boost which you have to keep in mind when you select a crankset/chainring.

My thinking is that having the boost spacing of the cassette at the rear (achieved by the kits that have a 6mm spacer on the left and re-dishing the wheel) might give a better chainline.

• 1 year later...

Hi guys, I’m looking for a conversion kit for a non boost front hub. Rapide is out of stock, any idea where I can get one locally? 

On 6/26/2022 at 10:22 PM, Mountain Goat said:

Hi guys, I’m looking for a conversion kit for a non boost front hub. Rapide is out of stock, any idea where I can get one locally? 

If you tell us what make and model of hub it is somebody might be able to suggest appropriate options. For example, some brands like Hope make converters for their hubs that replace the original end caps. But many other brands don’t, and for them you would need to get something generic like the Rapidé ones.

On 6/26/2022 at 10:22 PM, Mountain Goat said:

I would give Jannos at Evobikes a call and ask him when they'll get stock or where you can perhaps get something similar.

• 4 months later...

Hi Guys, is there anyone that managed to "adapt" a std. Centre Lock hub to a boost hub?

I got the kit from Rapidé and the spacing of the wheel in the fork is perfect.  Problem is to adapt the disc rotor spacing/position.

I also bought the center-lock to 6 bolt adapter from Wayne hoping I can make it work, but doesn't look like it.

Any ideas please?

36 minutes ago, TheoG said:

Hi Guys, is there anyone that managed to "adapt" a std. Centre Lock hub to a boost hub?

I got the kit from Rapidé and the spacing of the wheel in the fork is perfect.  Problem is to adapt the disc rotor spacing/position.

I also bought the center-lock to 6 bolt adapter from Wayne hoping I can make it work, but doesn't look like it.

Any ideas please?

Your best bet is to possibly use some washers to push the rotor further out to where it should be.

I know it is a bit of a bodge, but I have seen it done before and it does work pretty well.

Edited by MTBRIDER1234

1 hour ago, TheoG said:

Any ideas please?

Hi Theo,

I am not sure I understand why it is not working.

If you convert centre lock to 6 bolt, the alignment stays the same. By then adding the spacer supplied in the kit, does it not then align the rotor in the boost fork.

Where does it go wrong ? Centre lock to 6 bolt conversion, or is the spacer not correct ?

11 minutes ago, Koos Likkewaan 2 said:

Hi Theo,

If you convert centre lock to 6 bolt, the alignment stays the same. By then adding the spacer supplied in the kit, does it not then align the rotor in the boost fork.

Where does it go wrong ? Centre lock to 6 bolt conversion, or is the spacer not correct ?

That is what I also thaught.

Problem is the 6 pins that hold the rotor does not go through the spacer hence it cant hold the rotor.  Also the center-locking ring's thread it not long enough to reach and screw into the hub.

I did manage to find a kit that should work however:

https://www.summitbikes.co.za/index.php?id_product=1406&controller=product&search_query=boost&results=16

Edit:  What I missed is the fact that the center-lock ring will hold the rotor in place and not 6 bolts as per a normal 6 bolt hub, hence it also needs to be extended to reach the hub.

Edited by TheoG

21 minutes ago, Koos Likkewaan 2 said:

Hi Theo,

It'll work on a front hub, but not a rear.

1 hour ago, droo said:

It'll work on a front hub, but not a rear.

I only need it to work on the front hub, but it doesn't ... :( 

Luckily I found a kit for going std to boost on a center-lock hub.

On 6/28/2022 at 12:00 AM, Nuffy said:

If you tell us what make and model of hub it is somebody might be able to suggest appropriate options. For example, some brands like Hope make converters for their hubs that replace the original end caps. But many other brands don’t, and for them you would need to get something generic like the Rapidé ones.

I just got a fitter and turner to make some adapters. Wasn't very difficult at all