Non Boost to Boost adapter kit

doppelganger

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I Boost converted my AM Classic Wide Lightning wheels with an AM classic boost converter set. Had to get the wheels dished. Works absolutely beautifully.

Thanks, this info would have been useful a few months ago  :w00t:

I ended up buying a new hub

What hub you got? The MRP boost adapter doesn't force you to re-dish the wheel and it goes for ~650 from trailtech cycles Works with hope, CK, i9, DT & stans

Mine has just arrived, but give Bibi a shout and he'll be a me to sort you out

https://trailtechcycles.co.za/product/mrp-better-boost-adapter-kits/

100% I searched high and low and couldn't find anything that made me feel comfortable ordering etc. Eventually just rebuilt the wheel as I was tired of seeing my awesome new fork sitting in the cupboard.

At a far higher cost to the OP. while you may think it's a complete waste of time, others see the value in a solution that doesn't require a new wheel.

Boost adapter homemade with old disc mount and engineering help. 

Made the rookie mistake of not asking them to ream the disc mount spacer holes, so they still have thread.

What do the experts reckon shall I leave the thread or DIY drill them out?

Cost = R 120 + R 18 for bolts .

attachicon.gifIMG_7332.jpg

Drill out the threads for sure.

This is a viable solution if you have a mate with the engineering tools and know-how, as well as the donor parts. Otherwise just buy a MRP boost kit, forget the proper name now though......

I Boost converted my AM Classic Wide Lightning wheels with an AM classic boost converter set. Had to get the wheels dished. Works absolutely beautifully

Where did you get the converter?

I couldn't find one, about three months ago, and replaced the Wide Lightning with a Rapide boost hub. All good with the Rapide so far... but would have loved to keep the Wide Lightning (just to keep my OCD under control) 

I rebuilt both wheels due to my OCD  :eek:

Couldn't find stock in shops or online and don't have enough knowledge to have it built.

Hopefully this thread can help somebody else.

Where did you get the converter?

I couldn't find one, about three months ago, and replaced the Wide Lightning with a Rapide boost hub. All good with the Rapide so far... but would have loved to keep the Wide Lightning (just to keep my OCD under control) 

• 1 year later...