Finally..let's hope the racing is hot602a0ab2413b501bb9b35c08bc726292.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Finally..let's hope the racing is hot602a0ab2413b501bb9b35c08bc726292.jpg

Hierdie week gaan hulle braai.....

Yep.. the other top sprinters will be at Tour of California which starts soon.

This year has a particularly weak sprinter line-up..no offense to Viviani but he doesn't have a lot of competition.

I think he does but most, with due respects, are 2nd tier sprinters, the big guns want the glory of the TdF

And lets not forget the final sprint stage that finishes in front of the Forum apparently... seriously interesting historic place, have you ever been there?

I've missed it somewhere but assume sagan isn't riding?

He was doing the Sagan Fondo:

post-275-0-96817700-1525760916_thumb.jpg

I've missed it somewhere but assume sagan isn't riding?

Was it the lack of 'Dale and Gen hysteria that gave it away?

The last 1km is an interesting little ramp - my money is on Wellens to have a go for a stage win...

Dark horse for the stage win: Pinot

probably a repost, but here's the backstory behind the billionaire who pushed for this.

https://cyclingtips.com/2017/12/qa-sylvan-adams-billionaire-behind-giro-ditalia-start-israel/

The next logical likely step, is going to come from a sheikh with kleinmannetjiesindroom and more $$$ than sense who wants to outdo the jews who pulled this off. Expect the Vuelta(or Giro) to start in Bahrain, Qatar, (both too small) Oman. In short, a lot of landscape that resembles southern namibia coming our way in the future.

This is happening already - look at the early-season UAE stage races. Abu Dhabi has a ~100km dedicated cycling path that is well-maintained for anyone to ride. they're pumping huge loot into the sport there, and aim at challenging the grand tours in future.

Abu Dhabi has a ~100km dedicated cycling path that is well-maintained for anyone to ride.

Pfff bloody hackers...

Cycling in Denmark is both a common and popular recreational and utilitarian activity. Bicycling infrastructure is a dominant feature of both city and countryside infrastructure with segregated dedicated bicycle paths and lanes in many places and the network of 11 Danish National Cycle Routes (along with many regional routes) extends more than 12,000 kilometres (7,500 mi) nationwide.[1]

Pfff bloody hackers...

Cycling in Denmark is both a common and popular recreational and utilitarian activity. Bicycling infrastructure is a dominant feature of both city and countryside infrastructure with segregated dedicated bicycle paths and lanes in many places and the network of 11 Danish National Cycle Routes (along with many regional routes) extends more than 12,000 kilometres (7,500 mi) nationwide.[1]

:thumbup:

agreed, but in a country where you're encouraged to buy the biggest engine you can, and basically get paid to use as much fuel as possible (ok, i'm overstating things), it's pretty impressive. but you get the idea of what their aims are in UAE...

fwiw, not seen as such a bicycle density as I have in Copenhagen... still... i think i get more elevation gained by riding for 30min as you will if you ride the entire 12000km in Denmark  :whistling:

:thumbup:

agreed, but in a country where you're encouraged to buy the biggest engine you can, and basically get paid to use as much fuel as possible (ok, i'm overstating things), it's pretty impressive. but you get the idea of what their aims are in UAE...

fwiw, not seen as such a bicycle density as I have in Copenhagen... still... i think i get more elevation gained by riding for 30min as you will if you ride the entire 12000km in Denmark  :whistling:

Agreed. I'm not sure the weather is the most cycle friendly in that neck of the woods (sandpit) but more cycling infrastructure is always better in my opinion!

That is the sweet irony of Denmark being so cycle friendly - the weather and the panflat country don't make for epic cycling experiences...

It is really cool not owning a car though!

The last 1km is an interesting little ramp - my money is on Wellens to have a go for a stage win...

You are not alone in those thoughts:

You are not alone in those thoughts:

I am chucking Tony Martin into the hat for the stage win, from a break away or late attack.[emoji6]

Because ..well why not

Can you imagine if Maincheese attacked at the end to gain back a few seconds

Can you imagine if Maincheese attacked? Ever?

Can you imagine if Maincheese attacked at the end to gain back a few seconds

No..

Archived