Top cap Garmin mount, um, mount

Simon123

haha, tried that too, but that plastic mount is so crappy.  

For R180 for a top cap one for my road bike and my trail bike, I'm happy.

I used the postoffice website tracker and it's been sitting at JHB Incomming (sic) Mail for a month now.

mine shows they couldn't deliver yesterday (go figure as i was here all day) and it is waiting at the post office

mine shows they couldn't deliver yesterday (go figure as i was here all day) and it is waiting at the post office

Probably because there will be some duties to pay which you will have to do at the post office.  Best to go to post office with your reference number and collect.

Literally just got the SMS now (19h30 on Saturday evening) from the post office saying that the packages are here.   Lets see on Monday.

Literally just got the SMS now (19h30 on Saturday evening) from the post office saying that the packages are here. Lets see on Monday.

Lol... got same sms at exactly the same time

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I'd like this:

https://www.cwcycles.co.za/product/k-edge-gravity-cap-garmin-mount

gr.jpg?itok=yHK1Vvm7

It's for an 820 Garmin, and I dont want to use the out front mount, and the little mount and rubber band solution doesn't work on my stem (short and fat).   

But dang... 500 bucks for that?    No other solutions or brands that are cheaper??  Or should I just *** and betaal?

Hey Simon, 

Just a note as the distributor for K-Edge in SA. 

I know the price is quite hefty. On top of that we are subject to a 15% import duty on mounts. 

I have to say that K-EDGE is the premium of mounts and the quality from the insert to the craftsmanship is unparalleled. There is a good reason the pro's on the circuit opt for it. 

It boasts a lifetime guarantee backed with confidence... It will last you a lifetime. 

Best of luck with all the choices out there. 

Hey Simon, 

I know the price is quite hefty. On top of that we are subject to a 15% import duty on mounts. 

I have to say that K-EDGE is the premium of mounts and the quality from the insert to the craftsmanship is unparalleled. There is a good reason the pro's on the circuit opt for it. 

It boasts a lifetime guarantee backed with confidence... It will last you a lifetime. 

K-Edge, I would agree, puts out some quality stuff. But your prices are insane. When you compare the various mounts from various manufacturers, even genuine Garmin, I honestly cannot find any logical reason to be in some case more than double the price. Lifetime warranty, premium quality is all blah blah blah sales hype. 

We talking about a mount here, not a groupset or wheels or a frame. Its just a simple mount.

Looking at the ZTTO mount at 200 ronds that was ordered its clear that the quality is proper and its fit for purpose will do the job just as good as the K-Edge. Yes maybe K-Edge use a stronger plastic or a different Aluminum but more than double the price - I think not !

So it has arrived. The quality is very good. The gps locks in very nicely and easily. I have just 1 issue as 1 off the little screw that hold the mount seem striped (see pic3). But I'm sure I can find 1 easilyfee76c3f3ea80fcb3774315eec857156.jpg2e2cc89ef0de2a2158094145d7de82c3.jpgd1193836ab62a3d03fb27c4e5328562e.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

So it has arrived. The quality is very good. The gps locks in very nicely and easily. I have just 1 issue as 1 off the little screw that hold the mount seem striped (see pic3). But I'm sure I can find 1

Looks better than I thought!   Been crazy busy and just not had a chance to hit the Post Office yet.  Will pop in tomorrow.  What did you have to pay in duties / VAT?

EDIT:   For the stripped screw, go to Bolt It, they'll definitely have one.

Hey Simon, 

Hi Christian,

Thanks for the reply - I do not doubt the quality or guarantee of the mount.  I just didn't have that kind of budget for something I may not necessarily use in the end.  Also in terms of what it is, I read the reviews and it seems similar (albeit lesser guarantee etc).

I do appreciate the reply.

Hi,

So I was lucky enough to have an exact matching screw starting at me on my desk (laptop hard drive screw if anybody needs)

I've been very happy with the Bryton. Our hasn't skipped a bit. Sync via WiFi straight to Strava. I've never had a Garmin so i can't compare, but it does all i need

I'm not a fan of the top cap mounts that are directly on top... I find my knees knock the unit any time the bike is moving around below me...

I do like the ones that are mounted as a steerer spacer and have the mount sitting on top of the stem... Much better, good forward position, and can still adjust angle of the unit...

Archived