Cycling sock etiquette

OemD

Morning from an extremely hot Paarl. Its expected to reach 39 today....perfect MTB weather (I think).

Just a silly question to start the weekend.

Cycling sock etiquette

I love my CAM cycling socks so much, I was wondering whether I could wear them to work. Our dress code is business casual with an overwhelming lean towards casual. 

But I don't want my fellow cyclist to frown if Im not following proper etiquette.

So what is the word? I would love to wear my black CAM sock with the watermelon pattern under my black suit to work...stand out from the crowd and put a smile on a fellow cyclist face...

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wear my cycling socks all the time. In fact I have versus on today at work.

In fact I dont think I own "normal" sock anymore.

You paid for the socks...so keep your feet happy the way you wish too.

worse case scenario, your work would probably send you home - which means you can MTB whole day  :clap:

Why would you want to wear a black suit when your dress code is business casual, leaning towards casual? In Paarl? In summer?

No man.

as long as you dont rock up at work with your sako7socks it should be acceptable. If im your boss and I see you sporting that stuff you are fired on the spot!

I feel its the same as not wearing a onnie under your bibs.

Should be the same for work then

ROTFL

Good quality running and cycling sokkies

Built to last.

Comfy as hell.

And stylish too.

Tones/designs - freaky funky right through to subtle motives.

I insist.  :clap:

Versus and CAM socks always pop up on special offer, so over time I've accumulated so many that they outnumber my work attire socks (those Woolies 5 pack sets).  Then I ceased buying the Woolies socks.

Nataniël has this piece about how he likes to imagine that ugly, sweaty, bloodied rugby players wear something posh underneath their kit to let them secretly feel pretty.  Secretly wearing my cycling socks under my suite makes me happy  :P

I feel its the same as not wearing a onnie under your bibs.

Should be the same for work then

If you haven't worn Assos chamois cream to a work meeting before, you haven't lived. Nothing like that Spearmint tingle to keep you sharp.

If you haven't worn Assos chamois cream to a work meeting before, you haven't lived. Nothing like that Spearmint tingle to keep you sharp.

Chirp of the day. ????????

????????????

Archived