[Event] Porcupine Ridge MTB Challenge 2018

Shaun Peters

Ride is just over 2 weeks away and not much info re elevation and route for the long ride? I'm sure they will get more entries if they give more details of routes?

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So I just entered the 54km

Looking forward to some technical riding

Anyone managed to get hold of the long route profile or map yet?

• 2 weeks later...

That looks like it must be it.... Looking forward to a weekend of riding - this on Saturday and then the sportif on Sunday ... 

Life is sweet!

From what I remember it was a nice ride back in 2016...fairly untouched area and rougher trails (in parts). Not sure how much development has been put in.

Anyways, enjoy and have fun guys! I will be doing the shortish ride over in Worcester.... :whistling: 

Here is a map with elevation profile for the long route that I made from their Facebook map.

www.plotaroute.com/route/550960619740ddcb757afc67382d0662d7ac99.jpg6284d17cee6eff6a42d9718b07f4defb.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Anyone know how the timing is going to be done? Asking for a friend (for real). I will be stopping at all the waterpoints and taking in the scenery as much as possible. The youngsters can gun the medium route, i will try my best to stay out of their way and avoid the dreaded "'skuus oom".

The youngsters can gun the medium route, i will try my best to stay out of their way and avoid the dreaded "'skuus oom".

Had to LOL at this one, nothing hurts the ego like thinking you have a bit of a racing snake day going and then suddenly the apologetic "skuus oom"...

At least it was Jamie Penfold, now that is a local youngster with some actual talent.

I think a lot of local young lads will use the 35km as a prep ride for next weekend's XCO at Coetzenburg. I know my son will be one of those lads saying 'skuus oom...'.

I am not going to race it though. Will use it as a wake up ride after the holiday.

So, just about the same as that Relive ride of Natie posted earlier.

Edited by Moridin