[Event] Porcupine Ridge MTB Challenge 2018

Shaun Peters

It looks like their stance is, it is a charity event-funds raiser, the route markings were sabbotaged (not their fault), get over it & stop crying.

post-3951-0-09138800-1517215560_thumb.jpg

Edited by milky4130

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What an unfortunate way to start the season, the route marking did not do the route and the area justice. We also got lost twice with much frustration along the way. The organizers have apologized I just hope that they fix the problem.

Despite missing out on the last 10 km loop (at the 3-way junction without signage, just before the tar road), and my front brake caliper coming loose, and having a small tumble on some rocks ... I had a great time. Did 47 km in the end. And thoroughly enjoyed it.

The scenery was beautiful, the flowing single-track in some sections was great! I loved the technicality of most of the route, with some nice challenges on rocky downhills and steep, short climbs.

I do hope they can prevent the vandalism in future, but I will certainly be back next year.

Unfortunately the results are not a fair reflection of how you raced, since in the middle distance race some riders did 29km, and some 33km (doing that long loose rocky climb extra taking us almost 20 minutes longer alone). And in the long race some riders did 57km and some 49km aor so.

But anyway. It was just a ride to wake up the body for the new year. 

I like to see it this way. The main purpose of the event is fundraising and I was there for some fun. I did have fun, suffered but had fun. The best part for me, the wrong decent we end up on, was a blast and I would not have done it if the route was correct. 

PPA no thank you. 

last time I did PPA event I had to start at the back and did not get a result because Im not a member. 

Become a member and start with the rest of us. 

PPA no thank you. 

last time I did PPA event I had to start at the back and did not get a result because Im not a member. 

Then its a long time since you last did a PPA race - they have changed that since you last did a PPA event

The PPA can increase my membership fee - demote me further down in the alphabet mish mash -- anything, I don't care but please please please can we have more toilets at PPA events.

Then its a long time since you last did a PPA race - they have changed that since you last did a PPA event

The PPA can increase my membership fee - demote me further down in the alphabet mish mash -- anything, I don't care but please please please can we have more toilets at PPA events.

To be fair - the Sportif events being the exception - the toilets are the responsibility of the organisers not PPA...

To be fair - the Sportif events being the exception - the toilets are the responsibility of the organisers not PPA...

So is route markings, refreshment stations, marshaling, etc.

PPA provides a database, a seeding system, liability cover and timing (via Racetec).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

To the organizers, the trails are awesome and glad to hear how the funds are being spent. I will be back next year cos I had a lekker workout. You got a year to sort out the marking / marshaling issues. If the trail was not so awesome, I would gladly marshal, but those trails must be ridden