Advice on Divorce

New Landy new life

Thats a terrible situation!!!!

Unfortunately bad parenting is real. My sisters ex would purposely not enforce rules because he is then the cool dad, do what you want, etc. When the kids would get back to her they would unruly and resent her for enforcing the rules.

Best of luck, hopefully it will all be a distant memory someday......

Ha! The funny thing is that you can still be a cool dad WHILE enforcing rules and guidelines. 

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ha! The funny thing is that you can still be a cool dad WHILE enforcing rules and guidelines. 

Exactly!!!

I think divorces bring out the worst in people......

The advocate told my friend to write up everything he has and take photos of all the belongings. He couldn't help notice that literally everything he has was given to him by his dad or sister.

Even the cooking pots was a gift he got for his 21st

Does he get to keep the pots and stuff that counts as an inheritance.

Depends on how he was married, in/out community of property with/without accrual.

In end unless he really really values something, its not worth the fight.

Id have settled long ago if she wanted stuff, she wants my paycheck (50% of my income via various demands).

Depends on how he was married, in/out community of property with/without accrual.

In end unless he really really values something, its not worth the fight.

Id have settled long ago if she wanted stuff, she wants my paycheck (50% of my income via various demands).

Agree completely. Our divorce started off amicably, but after one round of the lawyers it turned ugly. Next moment a movers truck showed up and took the entire contents of the house.

Like James: Lyrics from "The Waterfall":

"There's so much stuff in my life, No room for me to grow
One day I'm going to break from my life, Due south down to Mexico, I'm going to burn down my house, It's the only way to let it go"

This was the 2nd best thing  ;) to burning the house down.

I went out and bought a new bed, a plate, knife, fork, cup, spoon and kettle. Was the best time ever. 

No stuffs. Wish it stayed that way  :D  

Edited by EddieV

100% Agreed, the example you give is called bad parenting and this falls under my disclosure of something else is going on. 

I am not yet divorced, I have a restraining order on ex from entering my room. We have been forced to spend last 2 months in same house raising 2year old. Ex has 2 night shifts and she is done for week. I work 5 days day time, since I cant leave house the well balanced system has been @#%*(#%. Daughter is starting to show signs of it but ex makes sure to be in common area where all toys are 100% of the time.She also makes sure to intrude often. Im sure once we out and it's only about daughter things will settle but for now its all #$%^#&%.

Sjoe, this sounds like hell. Things can surely only get better from here on

Agree completely. Our divorce started off amicably, but after one round of the lawyers it turned ugly. Next moment a movers truck showed up and took the entire contents of the house.

Like James: Lyrics from "The Waterfall":

"There's so much stuff in my life, No room for me to grow

One day I'm going to break from my life, Due south down to Mexico, I'm going to burn down my house, It's the only way to let it go"

This was the 2nd best thing ;) to burning the house down.

I went out and bought a new bed, a plate, knife, fork, cup, spoon and kettle. Was the best time ever.

No stuffs. Wish it stayed that way :D

Cool choice

https://youtu.be/OrFM8dZJkOU

• 1 month later...

Pre trail was yesterday got info from lawyer, the court has set a settlement date (to my understanding this is for them to try reaching agreement again).... before we can be assigned a court date. I'm over it ex doesn't want to settle she wants me to suffer. Burn it all would be such a great solution, I have a daughter and unfortunately it would affect her.

Pre trail was yesterday got info from lawyer, the court has set a settlement date (to my understanding this is for them to try reaching agreement again).... before we can be assigned a court date. I'm over it ex doesn't want to settle she wants me to suffer. Burn it all would be such a great solution, I have a daughter and unfortunately it would affect her.

Bad luck man, you still stuck in the house with her?

yup

That's a tough one...I once stupidly had a fling with someone I worked with many moons ago....we both worked and lived at the same venue...won't be doing that again. A woman scorned can just be truly mental.... :devil:

Dig a tunnel

Is this tumbles for her, to be filled in once she has left via it?(assume I didn't finish in time). Dad owns house me leaving helps no one unfortunately.

Is this tumbles for her, to be filled in once she has left via it?(assume I didn't finish in time). Dad owns house me leaving helps no one unfortunately.

Start coughing a lot.... :thumbup:

My tenant got a girlfriend who moved in with him a week ago, last night she assaulted him for whatever reason. He looked terrible. He didn't lay a hand on her. She wouldn't stop fighting so my mom called the neighborhood security watch to scare her a bit.. We told her to move out within 2 days. . She called her ex husband to come get her.

Next day we took the guy to the police station to file in a complaint so that she doesn't later say that he assaulted her.

She came back today to come get her things we thought but she only came to fight and beated him again. I'm not gonna lie, he was drunk but he's drunk most of the time. We called the police on her this time.

The police came and refused to listen to a word we had to say. Instead they took her word that the guy assaulted her despite the marks and blood on his face. I feel that the police heavily discriminated against us as we were white and she was Indian.

They arrested him and threw him in the van. They said my mom weren't allowed to evict anyone during lockdown and threatened to arrest her as well.

We drove to Linden police station only to find that our beloved tenant hadn't arrived yet. 1 hour later and he arrived at the station. ????

The officers who made the arrest complete ignored us when they came in. Forms were filled out and our tenant was released late at night. We were called racists for no apparent reason for not addressing the 2 policemen as gentlemen. FML

We asked them why they didn't arrest her as well. They said that they needed a court letter to arrest someone for assault. So basically they made an unlawful arrest.

My stepdads builders are currently staying in our yard as they are working on a project nearby.

Were not allowed to throw her out so we are going to instruct them to move in with her.