BigDL

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow. How does it taste?

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

They salt it and cook it till it is dry. Kind of like cooked biltong but tender. Then they mix it in with the fat. The fat is not like cold lamb fat it is almost like that yellow biltong fat. Quite creamy. The meat itself tastes a lot like beef. It has no “game” flavour at all. Really very lekker.

post-25481-0-89692200-1522686353_thumb.jpeg

They salt it and cook it till it is dry. Kind of like cooked biltong but tender. Then they mix it in with the fat. The fat is not like cold lamb fat it is almost like that yellow biltong fat. Quite creamy. The meat itself tastes a lot like beef. It has no “game” flavour at all. Really very lekker.

attachicon.gif08317E8E-70FA-4D01-B11F-F30C7F5D9E82.jpeg

Wow thx for sharing. Sounds interesting. Enjoy

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

Slow and steady weight loss with another 2kg lost in March.

I am aiming at about 500g per week and so far am just ahead of the game.

Want to drop 2kg for Swartberg Gran Fondo on 29 April.

This weekend was not kind...

Even though it was a mountain biking weekend away, all the food shop and cooking was done by a pair of foodies that love spending time in the kitchen. 71.4kg on Friday morning, 72.7kg today (no access to a scale over the weekend). Most of that will be water weight, so it should drop in the next few days as I clean up my eating. 

Somehow still hurts a bit to enter the number into the spreadsheet  :blush:

I can't edit the document though... anyone else having that problem?

This weekend was not kind...

Even though it was a mountain biking weekend away, all the food shop and cooking was done by a pair of foodies that love spending time in the kitchen. 71.4kg on Friday morning, 72.7kg today (no access to a scale over the weekend). Most of that will be water weight, so it should drop in the next few days as I clean up my eating. 

Somehow still hurts a bit to enter the number into the spreadsheet  :blush:

same

One weekend away blew a really good month right out of the water, ah well, still on target for yearly goal.

Try Now..

I Noticed their was a Edit issue on the weekend.. changed the share setting.. and again now.. you SHOULD be able to access it and edit it..

Sorry :blush:

Try Now..

I Noticed their was a Edit issue on the weekend.. changed the share setting.. and again now.. you SHOULD be able to access it and edit it..

Sorry :blush:

All sorted, thanks!

Was my Dads birthday party yesterday and protesting and telling my wife not to give me cake and all that she still did. Even the dog later on was hell no, stop feeding me cake as I tried getting rid of the toxic mess on my plate. So due to that I picked up 1KG of weight.

So I hope next time my wife will listen when I tell her NO cake and no toxic crap

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Was my Dads birthday party yesterday and protesting and telling my wife not to give me cake and all that she still did. Even the dog later on was hell no, stop feeding me cake as I tried getting rid of the toxic mess on my plate. So due to that I picked up 1KG of weight.

So I hope next time my wife will listen when I tell her NO cake and no toxic crap

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Maybe add the missus to this thread? Maybe the notifications will help her?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

The turnaround has started. 

From a truly abysmal March and first week of April, where I pigged out on easter goodies, drank faaaar too much wine and just ate like a man possessed with almost no exercise, things have started turning around. 

Meal prep is on point. 

Exercise is (again) radically ramped up

No more junk

Limited dairy

The upshot is that at a weight of 106 at the beginning of April (yes, I know) I'm now back down at 103.5 kg, and have 100kg in my sights (again)

I will NOT let this beat me. In the interim, I've spoken to some people to alleviate a bit of the stress that I'm under (the first few months of this year have NOT been cheap, and it's come out in heavy levels of financial stress) but I've had a bit of a realisation, and a change in habits that has, so far, borne fruit. 

Back to posting week by week. Back to the grindstone. Back to mid-day walks, more MTB and better eating. 

Yes, if anyone is wondering, I have a problem with food. 

The turnaround has started. 

From a truly abysmal March and first week of April, where I pigged out on easter goodies, drank faaaar too much wine and just ate like a man possessed with almost no exercise, things have started turning around. 

Meal prep is on point. 

Exercise is (again) radically ramped up

No more junk

Limited dairy

The upshot is that at a weight of 106 at the beginning of April (yes, I know) I'm now back down at 103.5 kg, and have 100kg in my sights (again)

I will NOT let this beat me. In the interim, I've spoken to some people to alleviate a bit of the stress that I'm under (the first few months of this year have NOT been cheap, and it's come out in heavy levels of financial stress) but I've had a bit of a realisation, and a change in habits that has, so far, borne fruit. 

Back to posting week by week. Back to the grindstone. Back to mid-day walks, more MTB and better eating. 

Yes, if anyone is wondering, I have a problem with food. 

Better than having a problem with food and not acknowledging it....... :thumbup: