Bike Hub weight loss challenge 2018

BigDL

My body is attacking me. Developed a huge post nazal drip and from that a running tummy of note. My head feels dof. Afrikaans guys will understand that.

Lots of muck in my throat but lungs are ok so it is not flu.

Juk.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My body is attacking me. Developed a huge post nazal drip and from that a running tummy of note. My head feels dof. Afrikaans guys will understand that.

Lots of muck in my throat but lungs are ok so it is not flu.

Juk.

hope you don't have that tummy bug that going around.. had it on the weekend. absolutely terrible but totally fine 48 hours later.

that said did my personal best park run on Saturday just managed a sub 30 min and suday felt like i was gong to die.

Sub 90 this morning.  :clap:  (89.7)

Got of the scale, walk to the PC and ordered my new bike :)

Discipline need to stay up though... arrangement with myself is that I must at least be still sub 90 to have my first ride when it arrive. :whistling:

To be honest, this is turning back the time about twenty eleventy hundred years... and it feel good  :blush:  

I went for a root canal yesterday. My wife baked me peanutbutter cookies to help me feel better. Ofcoarse I could not only have one. And our Indian neighbor brought me some of those fried chilli bites. Up 1,2kgs, can’t believe how much of of a difference to my wieght it has made.

Ooooooh, chilli bites. With fresh butter. Mmmmmmmmmmm

Jis man. And she makes this dipping sauce to go with them. It is something else.

well today's daily weigh in puts me finally into the Normal/Healthy range..

weight 91kg, BMI 24.9

Well done!! My dot is on the border of that line.

I’m on 90.7 this morning. Whoop whoop!

Edited by Pieter1

This month is not going to be good. Work stress (moved to another company) and a desk job is taking its toll.

How do you desk jockeys do it?

This month is not going to be good. Work stress (moved to another company) and a desk job is taking its toll.

I won’t call myself a desk jockey but I do spend a lot of time in the office. I take the stairs 100% of the time and go for a short walk when my Garmin vibrates. I also take a packed lunch and snacks to work. Oh and lots of water.

Meal prep... 

I bring all the food I eat to the office, I try not to quickly pop to the deli down the road for lunch unless it's really unavoidable. I often make a few big batches of food over the weekend (I love my slow cooker for that) and use that for lunch during the week. It means I can control what I eat. Take all your snacks with you as well. 

When I do go grab something, I make sure to choose with my brain, not with my stomach (chicken breast and salad over pies). 

I often log what I am planning to eat that day in the morning, so I can see where my calories are coming in and make adjustments early enough so I don't sit with 100 calories left for dinner.

And lots of water, as Pieter said.

I also have a tendency to walk when someone calls me on my cell phone, so I pace up and down a quieter section of the office.

I went for a root canal yesterday. My wife baked me peanutbutter cookies to help me feel better. Ofcoarse I could not only have one. And our Indian neighbor brought me some of those fried chilli bites. Up 1,2kgs, can’t believe how much of of a difference to my wieght it has made.

Could also be the meds (anaesthetic, painkillers) causing some water retention?

I find that anti-inflammatory meds do that when I use them.

Park really far away from your office

Stick to the meal plan you think works for you

Take breaks from sitting, walk around the building a bit from time to time.

Edited by HyruleWarrior80

Did the shorter Tour Durban (45km) yesterday. Was quite happy with my time considering I hadn't trained and I went back on the cigs.

105km next year. I've only done one 100+km Tour Durban and that was in 2012.