Bike Hub weight loss challenge 2018

BigDL

2a7932dd9f014624ca8c11b931249dc0.jpg

Flipping cold ride this morning. Check that real feel. Feel better for getting out though

Faaark. Well done

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Very well Bokka.

And yours?

Slowly but surely.

The trick for me is to balance the eating with the exercising.

If i dont eat enough I dont recover as I should and then feel tired and grumpy.

What an inspirational post. I am 198cm and started 2018 at a full and wonderful 140kg. I cut coke...bread and take aways and coffee out my week and lost a very quick 5kg. Still another 20kg to go. Time to work a twice a week cycle in....a bit hard when one has to travel 106km each way to work.

Will post progress

Slowly but surely.

The trick for me is to balance the eating with the exercising.

If i dont eat enough I dont recover as I should and then feel tired and grumpy.

A hungry Carpie is a grumpy Carpie.

Managed to weigh today for the first time in a while today and the damage was worst than expected. 1.3 kg heavier than I thought I would be. I had a really bad December eating wise but last couple of days have been good with eating pretty clean and getting some good miles on the bike. Consistency is the biggest issue for me.

Yesterday [emoji848][emoji51]

e1a29ef5d999061705b315d46255618e.jpge02e69b923c2a043c2f5042d56427e26.jpg

This is based on the premise that all calories are equal. They are not. So figure out which types of calories work for you, and which don't

This is based on the premise that all calories are equal. They are not. So figure out which types of calories work for you, and which don't

Ja I'm not relying on the MFP calculations, merely doing it for interest sake.

I know beer doesn't work for me. I've only had a few since 1 Jan and I'm on -3kg

As far as the rest goes no sugar, no processed stuff and limited carbs

What an inspirational post. I am 198cm and started 2018 at a full and wonderful 140kg. I cut coke...bread and take aways and coffee out my week and lost a very quick 5kg. Still another 20kg to go. Time to work a twice a week cycle in....a bit hard when one has to travel 106km each way to work.

Will post progress

Well done. Ja it's amazing what happens when you cut the crap out. I would have a problem letting go of coffee though :ph34r:

Ja I'm not relying on the MFP calculations, merely doing it for interest sake.

I know beer doesn't work for me. I've only had a few since 1 Jan and I'm on -3kg

As far as the rest goes no sugar, no processed stuff and limited carbs

Now imagine if all your calories came form beer. I know what'd happen to me... I'd die with a smile on my face, but it'd be far too soon. So we're going to try something else. Luckily, I know what this is.

As for rapid weight loss or gain (as in 2kg over a weekend), it's almost 100% likely to be water gained or lost. I sometimes get overly grumpy by seeing numbers I think are too high - always down to a pizza and beer binge... Any carbs that get stored, are store along with 4x their weight in water... Then again, a few good miles and proper eating and that drops off in a few days.

It seems that weekends are just crap for me.  Not eating much, but still picking up about 1kg in a weekend.  Yesterday I had 1741 calories remaining to eat after a 935 calorie cycling session.  On Saturday I had a 406 calorie spinning class and ended with 674 calories to spare.  So not sure if it is the meals we had or what is going wrong here, but I am starting to hate weekends.

the wheels fell off the bus, actually more like the bus fell of the wheels. No, more like the axles just snapped :(

no riding last week or the weekend due to work stress (and more to come this week).

Dinner at the hussar grill Saturday night (carpet bagger and springbok carpachio and a bottle of wine and some after drinks).

Throw in Sunday lunch and its like I am back to day 0. Seriously grumpy !!

And no riding! to much work :angry: