Bike Hub weight loss challenge 2018

BigDL

Weighed this morning - down to 113,4 - lost .8kg for the week which was mainly because of the fact that it was my birthday on Saturday so dinner  with my wife included 3 courses and then mates for a braai yesterday with all the additional excesses including 2 slices of cake.

I have started jogging/shuffling/walking every morning around my complex with my wife so maybe that's what helped keep the weight off cause i could have ballooned.

I havent been able to ride as i have been on an antibiotic for a saddle sore that won't go away so thta also probably has contributed to the slow down in loss.

This week is focused. Hopefully saddle sore is over. I am worried though cause i still have a raised tender area in the same place....

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What an inspirational post. I am 198cm and started 2018 at a full and wonderful 140kg. I cut coke...bread and take aways and coffee out my week and lost a very quick 5kg. Still another 20kg to go. Time to work a twice a week cycle in....a bit hard when one has to travel 106km each way to work.

Will post progress

Just for interest sake. Why would you cut out coffee?

Just for interest sake. Why would you cut out coffee?

That puzzles me as well. I always thought coffee was okay, but without sugar.

Edited by HyruleWarrior80

Yeah, if you ever get to the point where coffee without any sugar/sweeteners/cream etc is the bad part of your diet then you are doing really well.

Going sugar free with my coffee was probably the best move I ever made. Took a week to transition to it, but have never looked back. And when you drink 3/4 cups a day, losing the one sugar a cup adds up fast.

On another note, finally found my Whiskey it would seem - had a few glasses of this with ice and water over the weekend and I am a very content man   :thumbup: 

post-3544-0-35908200-1516604797_thumb.jpg

Lekker man. Hope she rides well with the new bars

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Feels like a fast mountain bike on the road, although on some sections of yesterdays ride, I wished there was a granny gear.

Feels like a fast mountain bike on the road, although on some sections of yesterdays ride, I wished there was a granny gear.

Riding with no drops you probably look like a granny so you're covered :P haha

Also a flat weekend. Felt really weird as I was reasonably disciplined, although perhaps too much coffee. Weight is the same at the end of the weekend as at the start. I seem to lose the weight during the week and maintain over the weekends, so hoping for a good drop over the next 5 days

Also a flat weekend. Felt really weird as I was reasonably disciplined, although perhaps too much coffee. Weight is the same at the end of the weekend as at the start. I seem to lose the weight during the week and maintain over the weekends, so hoping for a good drop over the next 5 days

Weighted myself on Saturday, I had put on 600 grams since I weighed myself previously. Had a peanut butter Jungle Oats energy bar, and it tasted like more, so I had two more. Went for lunch at Ocean Basket yesterday and had a fish and calamari combo with veg. If I don't burn it off after an hour of Tae Bo tonight, it will get burnt off during the week.

Going cold turkey with sugar or sweeteners or cream in my coffee is okay with me. I've had none of that since the 1st, but I can't give up on a few cups of Java per day.

Same here. I have been drinking it black and bitter for a few years now. I remember how k@k it tasted but now sugar spoils it for me. I don’t even think we have sugar in the house anymore.

Yeah, if you ever get to the point where coffee without any sugar/sweeteners/cream etc is the bad part of your diet then you are doing really well.

Going sugar free with my coffee was probably the best move I ever made. Took a week to transition to it, but have never looked back. And when you drink 3/4 cups a day, losing the one sugar a cup adds up fast.

On another note, finally found my Whiskey it would seem - had a few glasses of this with ice and water over the weekend and I am a very content man   :thumbup: 

attachicon.gifTullamore-Dew-Original.jpg

you sir, have good taste.

Very underrated whiskey.

Same here. I have been drinking it black and bitter for a few years now. I remember how k@k it tasted but now sugar spoils it for me. I don’t even think we have sugar in the house anymore.

We only keep sugar in the house now for the missus, she has a few teaspoons in her tea.

It seems that weekends are just crap for me.  Not eating much, but still picking up about 1kg in a weekend.  Yesterday I had 1741 calories remaining to eat after a 935 calorie cycling session.  On Saturday I had a 406 calorie spinning class and ended with 674 calories to spare.  So not sure if it is the meals we had or what is going wrong here, but I am starting to hate weekends.

the wheels fell off the bus, actually more like the bus fell of the wheels. No, more like the axles just snapped :(

no riding last week or the weekend due to work stress (and more to come this week).

Dinner at the hussar grill Saturday night (carpet bagger and springbok carpachio and a bottle of wine and some after drinks).

Throw in Sunday lunch and its like I am back to day 0. Seriously grumpy !!

And no riding! to much work :angry:

This and This etc etc ............ i hate myself come Monday and i get onto the scale

So after a partially dislocated shoulder last Sunday, decided to give physical activity a skip for the last week and only keep up (somewhat) with healthy eating.

To my surprise, I'm down to 98kg (so 1kg) and a few centimeters down. 

This week it is stricter meal plan, with straight back into the gym/cardio plan! :thumbup:

Oxtail pot on Saturday night, ocean basket platter on Sunday, even had a castle light yesterday.  Was up on the scale this morning, no surprise there, even though I did fit in a run on Saturday and a cycle yesterday.  O well, new week, new challenges.  Let's do this!