Bike Hub weight loss challenge 2018

BigDL

Looks like you're on track with the cardio. Just remember that it's all about the eating. Even though I strongly disagree with the keto diet in principle, just remember that it's all about the eating. Control your diet and the rest will follow. 

yeah. Indeed. I could be on any* diet, and restrict, and have the same result at the end of the day ito loss. For me it's bloody difficult to limit what goes into my gob. I hope that this brings an element of satiety that helps me limit the ***. 

BUT. A couple of my mates has stepped up to the plate as a kind of accountability drill sergeant. 

* = obv maccas and ice cream isn't ideal, and wreaks havoc with insulin production etc. Also, differences in hormone production and so on. 

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

it is the R1900 activation fee which is the reason I didn't join VA last year. And that still excludes your card fee. I am a previous member, so why am I paying more than R2k for someone to change my address on the system? all the rest of the details haven't changed.

Right now I have a weightlifting package with a CrossFit gym close to home and work. Yes, I pay more than I would if I was at VA with Vitality, but the coaches all know me by name, they don't mind keeping the gym open late on occasion to allow me to finish my workout, the equipment is better for my purpose. For me it feels good to give VA the finger for the ridiculous joining fee they charge...

Ya, that's what put me off joining in the past. I didn't mind coughing up R799 to join, and I'm only getting charged R189 per month on Vitality.

yeah. Indeed. I could be on any* diet, and restrict, and have the same result at the end of the day ito loss. For me it's bloody difficult to limit what goes into my gob. I hope that this brings an element of satiety that helps me limit the ***. 

BUT. A couple of my mates has stepped up to the plate as a kind of accountability drill sergeant. 

* = obv maccas and ice cream isn't ideal, and wreaks havoc with insulin production etc. Also, differences in hormone production and so on. 

Running at a caloric deficit should usually result in weight loss. 

Aint nothing better for satiety than a whole food plant-based diet. Best cure for the dead animal flesh, chicken periods and bovine breast milk addiction that most people have.  :thumbup:

Dropping this in here for anyone interested: 

The BROAD study: A randomised controlled trial using a whole food plant-based diet in the community for obesity, ischaemic heart disease or diabetes

Background/Objective:

There is little randomised evidence using a whole food plant-based (WFPB) diet as intervention for elevated body mass index (BMI) or dyslipidaemia. We investigated the effectiveness of a community-based dietary programme. Primary end points: BMI and cholesterol at 6 months (subsequently extended).

Results:
At 6 months, mean BMI reduction was greater with the WFPB diet compared with normal care (4.4 vs 0.4, difference: 3.9 kg m−2 (95% confidence interval (CI)±1), P<0.0001). Mean cholesterol reduction was greater with the WFPB diet, but the difference was not significant compared with normal care (0.71 vs 0.26, difference: 0.45 mmol l−1 (95% CI±0.54), P=0.1), unless dropouts were excluded (difference: 0.56 mmol l−1 (95% CI±0.54), P=0.05). Twelve-month mean reductions for the WFPB diet group were 4.2 (±0.8) kg m−2 BMI points and 0.55 (±0.54, P=0.05) mmol l−1 total cholesterol. No serious harms were reported.

Conclusions:
This programme led to significant improvements in BMI, cholesterol and other risk factors. To the best of our knowledge, this research has achieved greater weight loss at 6 and 12 months than any other trial that does not limit energy intake or mandate regular exercise.

https://www.nature.com/articles/nutd20173

Running at a caloric deficit should usually result in weight loss. 

Aint nothing better for satiety than a whole food plant-based diet. Best cure for the dead animal flesh, chicken periods and bovine breast milk addiction that most people have.  :thumbup:

Dropping this in here for anyone interested: 

https://www.nature.com/articles/nutd20173

I would supplement heavily with pork belly. But the plant thing is also great, because everyone loves a fart joke.

it is the R1900 activation fee which is the reason I didn't join VA last year. And that still excludes your card fee. I am a previous member, so why am I paying more than R2k for someone to change my address on the system? all the rest of the details haven't changed.

Right now I have a weightlifting package with a CrossFit gym close to home and work. Yes, I pay more than I would if I was at VA with Vitality, but the coaches all know me by name, they don't mind keeping the gym open late on occasion to allow me to finish my workout, the equipment is better for my purpose. For me it feels good to give VA the finger for the ridiculous joining fee they charge...

Only reason I would go to VA is to perv. *** setup IMO.

I am also at a small gym. Get lots of attention, free nutrition advice. Absolutely worth it .

I would supplement heavily with pork belly. But the plant thing is also great, because everyone loves a fart joke.

Vegan farts are the best. Really give the asshole a good ol' shakedown. 

#10secondfarts

#10secondfarts

Bwhaahaahaaa

To add, the most deadly farts I ever pulled off was when I used to drink protein shakes. One female from our office wanted to hurl, and the other one ran out the office the one day.

giphy.gif

#10secondfarts

NOTHING like being an ass-trumpet

Some progress finally, shaking the 95kg boogy weight, weighed in at 94 this morning. 6 to go!

Looking to get back to some proper cycling and exercise after a lot of start and go - colds, winter, travel etc.

It there was one reason I would put it down to, its the lunchbox to work and portion reduction.

I managed to reach 100.7kg this year and have battled, mostly with diet to get down to 94kg.

I did get as low as 92.5kg but seem to have settled back up.

Exercise is proving tough, diet is not enough to drop me below that elusive 90kg mark. Anyone got some ideas for me?

I managed to reach 100.7kg this year and have battled, mostly with diet to get down to 94kg.

I did get as low as 92.5kg but seem to have settled back up.

Exercise is proving tough, diet is not enough to drop me below that elusive 90kg mark. Anyone got some ideas for me?

Rather than diet just change what you eat. i.e. Cut the carbs to nothing , so no sugar , coke, cereals, bread,  rice, spuds etc.

and then try intermittent fasting

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tIuj-oMN-Fk

Down from dadbod 118.5kg to 113.6 in just under a week. Let's see where this Carb refusal will take me. (bar dairy lactose)