[Event] Nissan Trailseeker #2

melissa@advendurance.com

Event Name: Nissan Trailseeker #2
When: 23 June 2018
Where: Legends MX, Gauteng
Category: MTB

The NISSAN TrailSeeker is one of the most well-known and long standing MTB races nationwide . Legends MX is a relatively new locale, this venue was rated the best vibe in 2017, and the organisers decided to combine the routes of the Hazeldean pretoria east event of 2017 and newly found trails around Bronkhorstspruit to bring riders the best of all worlds! Legends MX is surely becoming a new haven for MTB thrill seekers because of its central location, scenic views, river crossings and farm roads.

Class Distance

70 km R300

40 km R240

20 km R160

10 km R100

Go to Event Page

hubevents-124830-0-19140300-1517406735_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Lost interest in this series,only one I will maybe do,is the Lionman,as it is a nice weekend away.

And Buffelsdrift

• 3 months later...

Did the trailrun today, the organisation was top notch. Pannekoek and potatoes at the waterpoints, fully stocked and the route was well marked.

I imagine the mtb would have been the same?

Did the trailrun today, the organisation was top notch. Pannekoek and potatoes at the waterpoints, fully stocked and the route was well marked.

I imagine the mtb would have been the same?

First Trailseeker event I attended in about 7 years, was a good day out and organization was top notch.

I like the idea of a fridge magnet instead of a an actual medal.

Official Timing was off by about 20s,making me miss my sub 2-hour on the Half Marathon.

The organizer kept saying that it is the toughest 40km MTB half marathon in the country. Well it was tough, but he obviously hasn't ridden the Lydenburg event yet, which was much tougher in my opinion.

Was still a well balanced route, nice climbing and single-track.

I'll be back next year.

I did the Marathon yesterday. Lekker route and great organisation by Advendurance, but would LOVE to know what other Hubbers thought about the route.... Difficult? Easy? Technical? Tell all please... 

I did the Marathon yesterday. Lekker route and great organisation by Advendurance, but would LOVE to know what other Hubbers thought about the route.... Difficult? Easy? Technical? Tell all please...

I enjoyed it very much. It was not technical except for the rocky descent. A bit of flowing singletrack made it interesting and fun. There were no long, steep climbs which really helped me save my legs for the last 5km sprint. It felt like I could still ride another 10km... Can’t wait for the next one.

Did the half-marathon on Sat. MC on the start said route will be their most technical ever and possibly most technical in the country... Didn't seem technical, quite a bit of district road and actually think #1 was trickier than #2.

Edited by Brandon P

Also did the half marathon. Was not that bad after the fuss on the start that it was tough and very technical. For me the first 15 Km was somwhat technical but not that bad. After that it was some nice flowing single track and open roads.

The youngsters in the half marathon racing for podium spots got lost after a gate that was not opened. They took the positions of about 8 Km to go for final podium spots.

Did the half-marathon on Sat. MC on the start said route will be their most technical ever and possibly most technical in the country... Didn't seem technical, quite a bit of district road and actually think #1 was trickier than #2.

Agreed, think the MC oversold how tough it was. Had to walk in places, but not the worst I have seen.

Still a very lekker event.

Yes, the MC said the marathon is rated 8/10 on difficulty and endurance. Compared to Sabie or even the Cradle stage race, it was super easy - 5/10. But super fun though ????????

Enjoyable day out with nice trails and district roads.  Hardly any bottlenecks and well stocked water tables.  Buffels (#1) was more difficult for me.