Fabric saddles

Ozzie NL

Anyone else riding these?

Been riding Fizik for years and sort of accepted a good saddle is R2k+.

When it was time to replace my Gobi, my LBS gave me a demo Fabric Line Race for two weeks to test.

My arse has never been this happy. Was an easy purchase decision at half the price of Fizik

Ek is ****** kontent

Tried the scoop and wasn't impressed... Was the widest one in the range and was still a bit narrow... The padding is too soft so the cover gets creased, and creases between your legs so caused horrible saddle sores and discomfort during rides...

No more fabric saddles for this guy..

Have the Fabric Scoop on 3 bikes.

Before the Fabric I had tried many models and brands. I have found none of them as durable and comfortable as the Scoop without comparison is the more comfortable.

It has also proven very durable, surviving a number of tumbles without a mark.

Tried the scoop and wasn't impressed... Was the widest one in the range and was still a bit narrow... The padding is too soft so the cover gets creased, and creases between your legs so caused horrible saddle sores and discomfort during rides...

No more fabric saddles for this guy..

That creasing thing sounds odd - you must have got a dud one.

I have 15 000-plus km on one of them. Not a crease (?) or saddle sore in sight. Most comfortable saddle I can remember riding, I transfer it between my bikes. I have ridden many (but not all) saddles over the years, and the Fabric guys have got it spot on for me. Therein lies the challenge, of course. Saddles are such personal things. Our butts are all different. 

That creasing thing sounds odd - you must have got a dud one.

I have 15 000-plus km on one of them. Not a crease (?) or saddle sore in sight. Most comfortable saddle I can remember riding, I transfer it between my bikes. I have ridden many (but not all) saddles over the years, and the Fabric guys have got it spot on for me. Therein lies the challenge, of course. Saddles are such personal things. Our butts are all different.

Very true that... Sad to hear that creasing isn't common, caused me a lot of discomfort.. Was sad too, I loved the charge scoop predecessor so was excited for an updated version...

Anyway, saddles are very personal, and I love my current ones!

yip, the flat on my road bike and the swallow on my MTB, best saddles ever, however they can start to creak, I have replace one or two because of this but nothing is as comfortable

Still has a ‘Zeek Antares on the Scalpel

But don’t sit as regularly as on the ‘Dale

Was fortunate to win a Fabric Scoop Carbon here in a comp on ‘Hub

My boem-boem is happy on the road bike hey

Highly recommended ????????

The Scoop is a no-brainer. For what you pay, the comfort and durability is without comparison.

Only other saddle brand that comes close is Ergon (which I haven't found available locally yet)

• 4 years later...

Thread resurrection 

After the wet CTCT I did not give the saddle/seatpost any attention other than a clean.

I started to hear a creak whilst sitting and pedaling. After making sure it was not my joint I decided this weekend to take the saddle off, clean up everything and put some grease on the contact points.

This is when I discovered a crack in my Fizik Arione. It probably happened a while back as I noticed a deformation along the one side months ago but did not investigate it.

So now I'm looking for a replacement. Fabric Scoop seems like THE saddle to get. Now just to find one to demo and also at a good price.

I missed out on one in the classifieds, it was sold this weekend.

So, anyone know of a place in gauteng that has them at a good price. Cyclelab has them at R1199 and I'm sure they probably have demo units to test.

Fabric Scoop (shallow) has been my saddle of choice for a while.

Seems Omnico is the distributor.

Perhaps they can put you in contact with alternative retailer/retailer with test saddles.?

26 minutes ago, Thomo said:

Perhaps they can put you in contact with alternative retailer/retailer with test saddles.?

Just came back from CL, they do a 30 day money back on saddles, if you're not comfy/happy you can bring it back.

But I'm hoping to get a much better price than their 1.2k

Have had numerous Fabric line saddles.

Currently have the Elite on both the road and MTB bike and no issues to date.

1 hour ago, Thomo said:

On the same model. It basically disappears while you ride. Extremely comfortable for something that looks so slim and hard.