[EVENT] Dischem Ride for Sight 2018

mecheng89

Number collection was a gemors! Queued for 30 minutes. Print number, jam, print number, jam, print number, jam............

Thanks for the heads-up.  I'd rather be pissed off on a Saturday morning that a relaxed Friday afternoon.  The lesser of 2 evils.

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Number collection was a gemors! Queued for 30 minutes. Print number, jam, print number, jam, print number, jam............

Question, why are they only printing the numbers now - please don't tell me "cost saving"!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Question, why are they only printing the numbers now - please don't tell me "cost saving"!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No idea, but apparently this is a trial run for the CTCT aka Argus. OMG, that is going to be a nightmare, better bring some camping equipment with when I collect that number!

Yip its to save cost as a lot of the numbers go to waste

See my earlier post.

Cost saving yes.  Because people don't pick up their numbers 

See my earlier post.

They then give you a plastic DisChem goodie bag which contains another draw string typical race bag  :thumbdown: its not like we need more plastic bags.  The sooner we get to not having to do number collection the happier I will be.

Cost saving was the excuse given.

I’m at CL now and have been waiting for 20 mins. Less than half the numbers I’m collecting are complete.

K@kkest decision to date. Every person that has entered has pid for a number. Pre-print those already entered, then print on demand for those that enter late.

Better still, permanent number will eliminate this cr@p.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They then give you a plastic DisChem goodie bag which contains another draw string typical race bag  :thumbdown: its not like we need more plastic bags.  The sooner we get to not having to do number collection the happier I will be.

Ja nee waragtag.

Told the omie there that I could print this at home at NO cost to him.

He just looked confused......

See my earlier post.

Our entry fees cover the cost of the printed numbers. If we don't pitch it is our cost not theirs, so who are they saving money for? Only themselves, to make a bigger profit out of us cyclists as they are certainly not gong to reduce the entry fee because they have a new print-as-you-come system!

When I complained they said it was to be more environmentally friendly.

And then they hand out junk bags, oh sorry goody bags, out front. 

Because of the long queue there was also a shortage of parking so I got to

spend at least 20 minutes just finding parking.

And apparently they chose Ride for Sight to test the new system because it is, to use their words, "a small race".

Archived