[EVENT] Dischem Ride for Sight 2018

mecheng89

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cyclelab Boksburg must be da-moer-in! Sponsors and you cant even collect ur number there? Just makes no sense?...... anyway.... let's not do the "number collection" moan thingy??  :whistling: 

Some sections of the road are full of pot holes, especially on the left hand side.

Bunch are going to be going well over the white line.

Wind always a factor.

Last year I got a bit of a hiding. This year I need to be smarter and not burn all my matches in the 1st half of the race.

Funny enough my fastest 40km is also at R4S. 2017.

Got my 40km PB here in 2016, still haven't broken it. 

attachicon.gifCapture.PNG

I've averaged >46km/h* in a few races (Wilro 100, Bakwena and Emperors) for the first hour, so not sure why GC only shows 57:16 as my best 40Km time (41.9km/h average - R4V).

* >46km/h is what I have on record (Endomondo).

Some sections of the road are full of pot holes, especially on the left hand side.

Bunch are going to be going well over the white line.

Please share details of those sections?

Please share details of those sections?

we are riding the route on Saturday (weather permitting). Will give you feedback after the ride.

Good luck for SA’s

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Some uneven sections of road just after the reserve (SBR), a few holes just before the entrance. Safest place is right half of the left lane.

The gutter on the right (going passed the reserve) is uneven, but free of holes.

The usual uneven surface between the R550 and Carnival City, but nothing dangerous.

Nothing really to write home about i.t.o. really bad roads.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived