Tygerberg MTB Trails

Bub Marley

OK final 2c. Don't wanna have you posting so much today that your post count gets into the "I cna now sell stuff on the hub" category.

But the short of it is wholly yes. Not only on this forum, but via marshals, directly to committee members, builders, etc.

Anyway, have a rad weekend, go ride your bike and make sure you smile and chase a mate or get chased!

My final 2c to you

If you have a crit of the TMTBC, stop making a box of yourself on this forum with wild, woolly and unsubstantiated comments. Rather engage them on all the forums available. The Committee is progressive with many "E" riders on board and the trail builder is very much gravity orientated.

If your queries are not sorted to your satisfaction at this level, please feel free to go mad on this forum...

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My final 2c to you

If you have a crit of the TMTBC, stop making a box of yourself on this forum with wild, woolly and unsubstantiated comments. Rather engage them on all the forums available. The Committee is progressive with many "E" riders on board and the trail builder is very much gravity orientated.

If your queries are not sorted to your satisfaction at this level, please feel free to go mad on this forum...

I got over talking to them directly a while ago thanks.

Also, I don't see how any rational person would consider criticism/feedback of this nature as being a "https://www.google.co.za/search?q=translate+box+to+afrikaans&oq=translate+box+to+afrikaans&aqs=chrome..69i57j0j69i64l2.5440j1j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8" (make sure to click the 1 More Translation button)

Anyway, the hope is really to get people talking. It is hopeless to talk to the club as a single person. Getting people thinking about what else is possible is more important as this point.

I’d like to thank Tygerberg MTB for sending out a response to the concern I raised here earlier this week regarding the drastic increase on membership fees. The intent was never to insult the club in any way and I think my original post made that quite clear. The trails offered by the TMTBC are great, they really offer something for everyone which I think is hard to come by elsewhere. Sure they aren’t the world gnarliest trails, but they are good fun and there are more than enough seriously technical features to sink your teeth into if you so prefer. I have yet to see anyone take the ski jump road gap at Contermans.

I must say however that I have been disappointed by the way in which so many TMTBC members decided to take things personally and start calling names etc. In my opinion it is unprofessional and just proves that you cannot argue a point. Calling someone a “moaner” or directing any kind of insult to an individual achieves nothing except to aggravate them. Anyway, that will conclude my life lessons for the day.

To the TMTBC committee members. All you needed to do from the start was to include the very brief explanation you sent out today with your original mail. That would have helped keep people (myself included) quite happy. People pick up on small details like changes in membership fees, and they don’t always raise their concerns. When they do, you at least have the opportunity to rectify the situation. When they don’t, well, maybe they choose not to renew their memberships.

Call me what you like, but I was not insulting in any way. I am sorry if I rubbed anyone up the wrong way, but I felt that Bikehub was the correct platform to raise my concern. Ultimately I believe it achieved the goal, and that was nothing more than to receive an explanation for the increased fees. Now I can make an informed decision on whether it makes sense for me to renew my membership.

Thanks for the amazing trails Patrick. Time for a beer.

Edited by Rock Guy

@rockguy - absolutely. In terms of your question, that mailer nailed it. 

The attacks, though - that is disheartening, though expected. In these "woke" times, it seems as if there's no room for the middle ground. As soon as you question one thing, you're "against" something and are "the enemy"

It's not good for constructive discussion, and it only serves to drive the wedge deeper. What could have been taken on as a constructive comment (a wish for more progressive trail, a la the XCO track but on a larger scale, and not necessarily as big either) is seen as an attack on "our club" and any semblance of dissatisfaction or an alternative / improvement to the current norm is torn to shreds by those who think the club can do no wrong. 

"How dare he!" 

he dares quite within his right, actually. 

Anyway. Time for beer / tequila, and a long ride at Hoogies tomorrow. Cos yes, even though sometimes we want more, we like riding at the end of the day. 

Edited by Cptmayhem

I got over talking to them directly a while ago thanks.

Also, I don't see how any rational person would consider criticism/feedback of this nature as being a "https://www.google.co.za/search?q=translate+box+to+afrikaans&oq=translate+box+to+afrikaans&aqs=chrome..69i57j0j69i64l2.5440j1j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8" (make sure to click the 1 More Translation button)

Anyway, the hope is really to get people talking. It is hopeless to talk to the club as a single person. Getting people thinking about what else is possible is more important as this point.

Going through the records, there is not one single trail maintenance/ build request from yourself on this matter. Once again, if you have any trail maintenance/build request, please feel free to log it and more importantly discuss it with the trail builder...

Going through the records, there is not one single trail maintenance/ build request from yourself on this matter. Once again, if you have any trail maintenance/build request, please feel free to log it and more importantly discuss it with the trail builder...

He has. Personally. On numerous occasions. As well as directly with the committee, via previous AGM's and in person on rides... the website is not the only portal for discussion and requests.

And now, as you've outed yourself as a TBMTB committee member, why the aggression? Why not just take it on board and have a discussion, instead of calling him a doooos and attacking his and others' views & concerns?

Edited by Cptmayhem

@rockguy - absolutely. In terms of your question, that mailer nailed it. 

The attacks, though - that is disheartening, though expected. In these "woke" times, it seems as if there's no room for the middle ground. As soon as you question one thing, you're "against" something and are "the enemy"

It's not good for constructive discussion, and it only serves to drive the wedge deeper. What could have been taken on as a constructive comment (a wish for more progressive trail, a la the XCO track but on a larger scale, and not necessarily as big either) is seen as an attack on "our club" and any semblance of dissatisfaction or an alternative / improvement to the current norm is torn to shreds by those who think the club can do no wrong. 

"How dare he!" 

he dares quite within his right, actually. 

Anyway. Time for beer / tequila, and a long ride at Hoogies tomorrow. Cos yes, even though sometimes we want more, we like riding at the end of the day. 

Once again... the comment is "rather engage the club directly on any issues you may have" and if you are not happy then go mad here

Yet everyone here is of the opinion that the club does not listen. How can they listen if you don't contact them. 

As stated, ad nauseam, if you have an issue with the club, their policies, their vision, their fees, take it up with them directly on the many platforms available. If you get no response thereafter, then by all means bleat on this forum

And yip we all agree..... less *** talking and more riding.... the better

He has. Personally. On numerous occasions. As well as directly with the committee, via previous AGM's and in person on rides... the website is not the only portal for discussion and requests.

And now, as you've outed yourself as a TBMTB committee member, why the aggression? Why not just take it on board and have a discussion, instead of calling him a doooos and attacking his and others' views & concerns?

Firstly, I am not a TMTBC committee member. Secondly I can vouch that Thermophage has never ever, ever, ever approached the TMTBC officially with any of his requests, either verbally, in writing or with whatever format. 

If I am am wrong, please provide me proof thereof... I would be glad to be proven wrong.

Remember the case of the three stories.... mine, yours and the truth...

So, If we are going to start a discussion, lets do it on an even keel... I am more than happy to participate!

Firstly, I am not a TMTBC committee member. Secondly I can vouch that Thermophage has never ever, ever, ever approached the TMTBC officially with any of his requests, either verbally, in writing or with whatever format. 

If I am am wrong, please provide me proof thereof... I would be glad to be proven wrong.

Remember the case of the three stories.... mine, yours and the truth...

So, If we are going to start a discussion, lets do it on an even keel... I am more than happy to participate!

This is now tiresome. How would I provide proof that I talked to any of the marshalls or committee members or Patrick himself?

Hoogies tomorrow morning 08:00 if you wanna chat in person.

As for trail maintenance ... yes I have used it, looong ago about Majik.

So, seeing as you clearly know who I am...who are you then? It's only fair to share.

Whats wrong with discussing it on this forum?

Once again... the comment is "rather engage the club directly on any issues you may have" and if you are not happy then go mad here

Yet everyone here is of the opinion that the club does not listen. How can they listen if you don't contact them. 

As stated, ad nauseam, if you have an issue with the club, their policies, their vision, their fees, take it up with them directly on the many platforms available. If you get no response thereafter, then by all means bleat on this forum

And yip we all agree..... less *** talking and more riding.... the better

TREES! Trees would be so cool. So many of the more public places have their trees unfortunately burnt down while others have their trees logged. More trail like Majik. I'd pay 1000 for a permit even though I ride on average once a month just for a more appealing trail. This probably won't happen since is a land issue but wouldn't it be lekker? Not just droeg brown insta pics. But lekker green and shade and coolness. Mmmmmmmm.

Edited by kader01

And let not forget the regrettable and totally unjustified verbal abuse that Thermophage has spewed forth  upon the TMTBC on this forum for the past few years....

This is now tiresome. How would I provide proof that I talked to any of the marshalls or committee members or Patrick himself?

So, seeing as you clearly know who I am...who are you then? It's only fair to share.

Stop worrying about who I am.... rather start worrying about the garbage that you post. Rather start thinking about it,,,,, carefully!

And let not forget the regrettable and totally unjustified verbal abuse that Thermophage has spewed forth  upon the TMTBC on this forum for the past few years....

Stop worrying about who I am.... rather start worrying about the garbage that you post. Rather start thinking about it,,,,, carefully!

Hmmm... I don't recall ever abusing anyone or even trying to. Take it how you will.

Now you're resorting to threatening me.... Sean... Is that you? You should really relax a bit

Edited by Thermophage

But you hate the TMTBC trails so much.... pray tell why are you then riding Hoogekraal tomorrow ?????? Don't forget the honesty box then as you now " don't part with your money to the TMTBC..."