Cut up tires? you can help.

Warren Foyn

Hi Guys. 

So we have a few demo Tires we want to cut with glass and stick it full of thorns. 

But how fun will it be if you can't be part it. 

So here it is... you have the opportunity tell us what you want us to put through the tyre. And we will watch it seal.

all the nasty stuff that made you walk home or had to call your Liefie to come pick you up. 

We will make a video of this and post it on the Bike Hub On Friday Morning. 

We will be using the TUFO C S3 Tubular Clincher 24mm for this experiment with some Velowurks Sealant and TUFO Extreme Sealant 

The one thing my tyre sealant couldn't seal without a plug was a porcupine quill. Good luck

ha ha i also had that...Quil went right though sidewall and top of tyre 

Hi Guys. 

So we have a few demo Tires we want to cut with glass and stick it full of thorns. 

But how fun will it be if you can't be part it. 

So here it is... you have the opportunity tell us what you want us to put through the tyre. And we will watch it seal.

all the nasty stuff that made you walk home or had to call your Liefie to come pick you up. 

We will make a video of this and post it on the Bike Hub On Friday Morning. 

We will be using the TUFO S3 24mm for this experiment with some Velowurks Sealant and TUFO Extreme Sealant 

You book the shooting range and I'll bring the toys :clap:

More realistic, I have only had 2 punctures that wouldn't seal with my Ryder sealant. First was a porcupine quil that went thru the riding surface and then the sidewall, second was a piece of slate which caused a cut close to 2 cm long.

Cool idea Warren!!!

I am looking forward to this, I have some of the velowurks tubes in my road bikes and have yet to be stranded. Paired with the tufo tyres it makes a nice combo and very competitive pricing!

Warren, maybe add some water to the situation, I had a thorn once on the MTB that broke off and riding through standing water and the sealant(think it was stans) wouldn't seal at all.

Would either of these sealants be recommended for road use.?

If you non tubeless you can buy velowurks tubes off the token website. It has the sealant in already. I can vouch for the tubes. Heavier than a standard conti tube but that's to be expected as it has sealant in it.

Guys just to be clear. We are going to be testing this on a Road Bike Tire :)

I'm watching this thread with interest.

I have tried several different sealants in road tubes with no luck to date. Even gave up on tubeless tyres for the road.

carpet tacks that carpeting and building trucks spray all over the roads :wacko: and one always winds up pointing upwards

post-85316-0-48313500-1519734624_thumb.png

The only punctures I have had on the road were caused by missing manhole covers.

Try smacking them with a piece of angle iron hard enough to crack a steerer tube....

Archived