LeTour Bike Shop S/West

Kenneth

Has anyone dealt with this guy? Would be very happy to know he is legit but you know what they say, If it's too good to be true it probably is

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Look on google streetmaps....  the shop exsisted in May 2017 when google captured the 

image  ... its in Potchefstroom by the way !!! 

yes there a letour cycles in potch ..or there was ... maybe it moved ?? but ive never heard of it in SW

The address on his invoice is 8 Oak St, Somerset West. Google streetview shows a William's Bike Shop at that address

We're temporarily suspending the account and removing the adverts and would advise not proceeding with any transactions until we can get clarity from the seller. 

The address listed does cause concern as to my knowledge Williams Bike Shop is still trading. 

Update: William (of William's Bike Shop at 8 Oak St, Somerset West) confirms that this person / store has NOTHING to do with them and is not authorized to use their address.

Edited by Admin

Just spoke to William. He is still up & running & knows nothing about LeTour. Very clearly a scam

Just spoke to William. He is still up & running & knows nothing about LeTour. Very clearly a scam

I've also just spoken with William (of William's Bike Shop at 8 Oak St, Somerset West) and he again confirms that this person / store has NOTHING to do with them and is not authorized to use their address.

I bought something from Detour/LeTour bike shop.  I spoke to a guy who said his name is Duwayne.  This is clearly a SCAM!!!  He sent me a fictitious tracking number and is now avoiding my calls.  The logo on the invoice he sent me was stolen from another bike shop.  They have since been in contact with me and are keen to press charges against this fraudster.   

Detour Bike Shop in Worcester has also contacted us.

They want to make it clear that this person has no connection with their shop. He is using the shop name, and even their logo, without permission.

Wanted to purchase a cassette from an advert of his in bike hub. He sent me an invoice with Williams bike shop address. Phoned them this morning and they don't know of him. I also have a quote and cell number. Said his name was Keet?

Letour Cycles in Potchefstroom still exists - Shaun is the owner/partner. I'll give him a heads-up.

Their number is 018 8738634

Wanted to purchase a cassette from an advert of his in bike hub. He sent me an invoice with Williams bike shop address. Phoned them this morning and they don't know of him. I also have a quote and cell number. Said his name was Keet?

William Keith is the owner/head spanner shifter of William's.

Looks like someone is trying to do some identity theft. good luck to them if they get caught by a bike gang.

Ja, being in somerset west, I can confrim that Mr Williams of Williams bike shop does like coffee and does not like his address being used by scammers.

Le Tour as a bike shop does not exist anywhere is Somerset West, or actually in the Helderberg Basin!

F...k :cursing:  :cursing:  :cursing:  :cursing:  :cursing:

Paid R1500 yesterday for a road bike. Now no answer. 

Should I open a police case? I have an ABSA bank account and a MTN cell phone number.