How do I remove ODI grips ?

eddy

Grab a cloth, twist the grip in stages.

Once you have broken the 'glue', grab the cloth, grip the bar inside the grip and pull. It will come off easily.

New ones. Spray deo or use an alcohol based spray or liquid. apply onto the bar liberally. Put the bar end plugs in and stretch the grip end over.

Once done, grab the cloth again and twist it on.

Shouldn't take more than 5 minutes all in

Use cable ties - about 3. Lift the end of the grip and push a cable tie in between the bar and the grip. Push it in as far as it will go. It will be small increments. Do it in 3 places evenly around the circumference. This will break the bond and allow you to twist them off. Will still require some elbow grease

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

To add to this I use disc brake cleaner (when available) and spray cable tie with it then is slips right under the grip. 

Get a disposable syringe, on with the spout on the edge not centre , fill with water force nipple under edge , squirt water in and grip slides off with ease 

You can donate if nt required , not need to destroy it

I use combo of Cable ties and rubbing alcohol. Use a small syringe. Works well to get grips on as well. And the rubbing alcohol evaporates within minutes

After much trial and error, I use diluted dish washing liquid.

Place the bike on the ground, pull the grip back where you can and pour in warm, soapy liquid. Use a ice-cream stick or plastic stick that won't scratch your bars or tear the grip and put in back further and pour more liquid in and over it. The cable ties mentioned above may be good.

Then start twisting it backwards and forwards, may pour some more in, but once the liquid gets through it will slip off. first just try twisting it and then pull it off. It takes a minute but works. Rinse the bar off with fresh water.

Edited by Baracuda

Dont use a blade, chance of scoring the handlebar below are good. Hidden damage is not good no matter what it is.

Good advice. Especially on a carbon bar.

I'm running cheap and strong ali bars, so not to worried about scoring get something that I can't see.

But I also ride like a Neanderthal at times....

Dont use a screw driver, the chance of scoring the handle bar are good.

Quickest is to lift the end of the grip up away from the bar creating a small gap. Spit into this.

repeat around the end. Grab the grip and wiggle. The grip will loosen, pull sideways whilst wiggling it further till it pops off.

I saw something very similar in a video recently... Different application though.

Take your bike to Cyclists Workshop.

Josh has superhuman strength in his hands and just plucks them off and then slides the new ones on.

It's a sight to behold

Great suggestions.

I went with the deodorant method and the grips came off, but unfortunately I used AXA and now all the pretty Italian road bikes are mobbing my Cotic SS MTB..... :thumbup:  :thumbup:

Don't worry, I used Brut on my Cannondale and at races there have been a couple of hot chicks hanging around my bike. The wife is not impressed.