TrailWarrior

#fanievb you asked for a race report ........... grab some coffee  :whistling:

RACE REPORT - 36ONE SOLO 

Oudtshoorn, Western Cape

17 May 2019

18h00

After the last climb out and by the grace of higher power of which I firmly believe, my body, my legs, my mind went through a sort of metamorphism and everything just kicked in and I was good to go!! I was elated. Tired but elated!!

Great ride and report...

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Mmmmm, not a peep from theHub regarding the 2020 version, or did I miss something?!?

What I did not miss was grabbing myself an early bird entry at halfprice :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

Mmmmm, not a peep from theHub regarding the 2020 version, or did I miss something?!?

What I did not miss was grabbing myself an early bird entry at halfprice :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

Did you notice the new start time?

Did you notice the new start time?

Yip. Will change the race dynamics and logistics...and enable me as a back marker to finish in daylight...I hope.

1st WP at 58km and the 1st CP at 99km. Wonder where the CP will be, might be a slight route change as well?

START – CHECKPOINT 1

The race start is in a Northerly direction towards Schoemanshoek, an abrupt right turn take riders onto the Vergelegen road past Buffeldrift and onto the first climb of the day. The descend is fast and furious and care should be taken on the sharp bends whilst traversing this undulated road towards the R62. Riders negotiate the beautiful tracks adjacent the Kammanassie dam towards Kleinshoogte for the first water point of the day at 58km. The open gravel roads lead riders to the South, past Volstruisvlakte and Daskop, eventually reaching Checkpoint 1 at Louvain Guest Farm on the Northern slopes of the Outeniqua Mountains.

From the website - from 1/2 way the same it seems:

CHECKPOINT 1 – 2

From Louvain the road heads Westwards towards Ezeljacht and Herold with a spectacular ride through Paardepoort onto Heimersrivier for water point 3 at 128km. From Heimersrivier the undulation makes way for a tricky section at Die Wieg where everyone cross under the tar road towards Mount Hope. The road hugs the foothills of the Outeniqua Mountains as riders approach the water point at Mount Hope at 152km. The next stop marks the halfway point – already an achievement of note

START – CHECKPOINT 1

The race start is in a Northerly direction towards Schoemanshoek, an abrupt right turn take riders onto the Vergelegen road past Buffeldrift and onto the first climb of the day. The descend is fast and furious and care should be taken on the sharp bends whilst traversing this undulated road towards the R62. Riders negotiate the beautiful tracks adjacent the Kammanassie dam towards Kleinshoogte for the first water point of the day at 58km. The open gravel roads lead riders to the South, past Volstruisvlakte and Daskop, eventually reaching Checkpoint 1 at Louvain Guest Farm on the Northern slopes of the Outeniqua Mountains.

So you are telling me to just open my eyes and read :D

Yip. Will change the race dynamics and logistics...and enable me as a back marker to finish in daylight...I hope.

+1 - closest I got was the 2nd last water point.  Wife will also be happy not to wait till the late hours.

I got an entry too! Oh dear, what did I get myself into yet again! I'm sure during the race I said something in the line of "never again".

1st WP at 58km and the 1st CP at 99km. Wonder where the CP will be, might be a slight route change as well?

Did I miss something, is there a different start time now?

15:00 start on the Friday.

Ramses will probably be done before breakfast or even before people wake up.[emoji1787]