Experience with CRC's move from DHL to SkyNet?

Eugene Brown

Also order from CRC and unfortunately they are still using Skynet. Unless you constantly phone and email Skynet they do absolutely nothing from their side to move the process along. Order left the UK on the 17th of April, and 12 days later it's still sitting with "customs" according to them.

I suggest if you are unlucky enough to have to use Skynet, phone them every single day, and demand a refund of the admin fee if there are delays. I'm at least getting a refund of the admin fee due to their lack of service. But still waiting for my order...

And obviously I won't be ordering from CRC unless they change their courier service.

• Replies 641
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

seriously - Skynet is useless.

Package been at customs from the 12th, Skynet not doing a damn thing to move it along.

Yet, they have penalty clauses should I not pay within a week after being invoiced....

Not even invoiced yet...

You have to phone them. They won't invoice you unless you get a manager to intervene. At the moment they are blaming their "clearing system".

Why doe CWC not give a F..& though?

Mr G , you might find that we are less than 1% of their online orders , so they not really too concerned ......( I have no stats , just guessing ) .

Skynet sends you a bill for admin(R200) + customs/tax (R???).

Once POP is received by Skynet and funds reflect they issue customs a request for release which take a day or two... and then delivery to you as per normal courier.

i suggest you enquire a bit more....  contact this lady who helped me 

Ashlynne `Young <ashlynney@skynet.co.za>

I have emailed, phoned and asked for help. 

Won't order ever again. F* over this.

After a complete horror show on my previous order my second one went better. Arrived in JHB 12 April. Got my invoice on the 16th. Received my parcel today. Used the Priority tracked option. Not Express. Quite a few holidays in the mix also. So all in all happy this time.

Used the Priority tracked option. Not Express.

"EXPRESS" is a complete joke. (and not the funny kind)

Had better experience with Priority (2 weeks to deliver) but this may also have been luck.

Order from CRC if you can live with waiting and/or if prices are good enough to justify.

Use an alternative if those boxes aren't ticked.

Also have had issues with them. Yesterday morning early I sent a threatening e-mail stating that if I do not get some feedback by COB yesterday, I will be cancelling my order with CRC and ask for a full refund. Got the e-mail yesterday afternoon at 17h05.

They have absolutely no business being in the clearing and courier business.

I wish someone would throw their toys at CRC for daring to use Skynet.

The other issue is that their tracking system does not work at all.

Edited by Moridin

Why doe CWC not give a F..& though?

I don't care if they give a ****. This was my last CRC order. They can go **** themselves.

Mr G , you might find that we are less than 1% of their online orders , so they not really too concerned ......( I have no stats , just guessing ) .

Hi Popit.

I think that on-line orders that mostly need to be couriered are a huge part of their business.

Hi Popit.

I think that on-line orders that mostly need to be couriered are a huge part of their business.

It might only be Skynet SA that's bad.  Skynet Germany, for instance, could be great.

Wont it be better to use something like Aramex Global Shopper when ordering from CRC?

You’d have to pay UK VAT if you used this option, but at least the shipping process would be a little more transparent.

CRC and Skynet suck, but I’ve found if you use the free shipping option the experience is equally as bad, but at least the expectation of ‘Express’ shipping isn’t there. Free Shipping from CRC also comes with Skynet. I also think it’s useless complaining to Skynet. I’ve had success complaining directly to CRC and asking for a full refund. On the two occasions that I’ve done this, my package has moved pretty quickly through Skynet.

Final thought.. Just use Merlin and avoid CRC

We should bombard UK consumer complaints sites with the stubbornness of CRC on insisting in using the useless SA Skynet...maybe then will they make a change.I know Skynet SA are the useless mandtjies...but CRC insists on using them.????

You can add Dawn wing tho the Sh*tlist as well. Sister in law sent a GCN jersey as a gift, Dawnwing charges R1900 to "clear" and deliver it. Utterly useless customer service as well.

Edited by corriekuilder

. Free Shipping from CRC also comes with Skynet.

AAARGGGHHHHH.

I needed something that is not available in SA and as I was not in a great hurry and had read this thread, decided to just sommer do the old Poskantoor thing. I have used it in the past and had OK experience with it and at least it had the benefit of being cheap.

Seems not. Will I have to pay Skynet in any event ?