Experience with CRC's move from DHL to SkyNet?

Eugene Brown

Doubt it.!

I think their service standards are now known and people should approach purchases accordingly.

Know that delivery is going to take 3-4 weeks.

Anything sooner is a bonus.

Im just happy that I got everything. It was a risk but it worked out.

• Replies 641
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

interesting I'm hearing everyone having problems with UPS.

I had some myself recently.

Will never use them again, rather Aramex, DHL or Fedex,

G

Certainly hope that they are not dropping the ball. :(

Merlin/UPS is normally first to be recommended.

Im just happy that I got everything. It was a risk but it worked out.

Only real risk is delivery delays.

If not needing things urgently I'll still make use of them too.

My recent CRC order:

Monday 27 May - Order placed and shipped the same day (standard tracked delivery).

Wednesday 29 May - Received clearing document from Skynet to be completed by me.

Thursday 30 May - Returned completed clearing form to Skynet.

Friday 31 May - Received invoice for VAT, duties and admin fee to be paid by me.

Monday 3 June - Payment made and proof sent to Skynet.

Thursday 6 June - Order delivered to my address by Skynet.

That is about 8 business days (10 total days) from order to delivery.

Skynet's communication and general service was very good. I cannot fault it.

Fluke? Perhaps.

My recent CRC order:

Monday 27 May - Order placed and shipped the same day (standard tracked delivery).

Wednesday 29 May - Received clearing document from Skynet to be completed by me.

Thursday 30 May - Returned completed clearing form to Skynet.

Friday 31 May - Received invoice for VAT, duties and admin fee to be paid by me.

Monday 3 June - Payment made and proof sent to Skynet.

Thursday 6 June - Order delivered to my address by Skynet.

That is about 8 business days (10 total days) from order to delivery.

Skynet's communication and general service was very good. I cannot fault it.

Fluke? Perhaps.

They do seem to have upped their game of late - but of the 5 parcels they have delivered to me this year my last experience was by far the best, the rest were woeful.

They also charge a R200 admin fee for clearing - that just about doubles the costs CRC quotes on the order.  Most other couriers charge admin fees less than R50 or absorb this costs - this grates me the most in that they charge the most for the worst admin and service??

They do seem to have upped their game of late - but of the 5 parcels they have delivered to me this year my last experience was by far the best, the rest were woeful.

They also charge a R200 admin fee for clearing - that just about doubles the costs CRC quotes on the order.  Most other couriers charge admin fees less than R50 or absorb this costs - this grates me the most in that they charge the most for the worst admin and service??

DHL admin fee is R150

Look into using a forwarding service like Postbox Courier.

You can buy Shimano etc as it ships to a UK address and gets shipped into SA much faster with lower admin fees. Painless process.

Mask your IP with a VPN service.

Edited by Maxxis

• 2 weeks later...

So after avoiding CRC for a while, mostly because of the switch to Skynet, I needed rims and they were on good discount at CRC, so decided to test...

Here's the timeline so far...

17 June - Shipped from CRC

18 June - Left UK

19 June - Arrived in JHB

wait wait wait

21 June - Received customs forms from skynet

21 June - Completed and returned midday

24 June (this morning 08:30) - emailed to ask wtf is going on with invoice and whether the forms were filled in correctly for them (as had never dealt with them before and DHL had a diff system the few times I'd used them).

As yet, no response and no invoice. Kinda feel they sat on their backsides a bit too long.

DHL had such a rad system. You'd register with them once. Thereafter an email with a link to pay all duties, VAT and fees online and it would clear immediately. Non of this wait another 2 days after you paid the invoice BS.

Come now Skynet, has nobody form your company taken this thread and what appears to be multiple complaints seriously...?

let's hope they jack it up today and at the very damn least get me the invoice :(

• 4 weeks later...

So after avoiding CRC for a while, mostly because of the switch to Skynet, I needed rims and they were on good discount at CRC, so decided to test...

Here's the timeline so far...

17 June - Shipped from CRC

18 June - Left UK

19 June - Arrived in JHB

wait wait wait

21 June - Received customs forms from skynet

21 June - Completed and returned midday

24 June (this morning 08:30) - emailed to ask wtf is going on with invoice and whether the forms were filled in correctly for them (as had never dealt with them before and DHL had a diff system the few times I'd used them).

As yet, no response and no invoice. Kinda feel they sat on their backsides a bit too long.

DHL had such a rad system. You'd register with them once. Thereafter an email with a link to pay all duties, VAT and fees online and it would clear immediately. Non of this wait another 2 days after you paid the invoice BS.

Come now Skynet, has nobody form your company taken this thread and what appears to be multiple complaints seriously...?

let's hope they jack it up today and at the very damn least get me the invoice :(

Rims arrived yet?

Rims arrived yet?

Yeah they arrived about 10 working days after getting to Skynet and after multiple emails where I told them how poor their service was compared to how DHL was.

Yeah they arrived about 10 working days after getting to Skynet and after multiple emails where I told them how poor their service was compared to how DHL was.

Things arrive eventually.

Order from them if prices are great and not in a hurry.

Otherwise shop elsewhere ...

Things arrive eventually.

Order from them if prices are great and not in a hurry.

Otherwise shop elsewhere ...

Or continually pressure them whenever possible to return to using DHL.

Order Fri morning, receive Monday afternoon or Tuesday morning.

Or continually pressure them whenever possible to return to using DHL.

Order Fri morning, receive Monday afternoon or Tuesday morning.

CRC have no apparent interest in addressing this.

And if not, at least afford me the option of choosing courier albeit at a premium.

CRC have no apparent interest in addressing this.

And if not, at least afford me the option of choosing courier albeit at a premium.

For sure.

Have actively avoided going CRC in the last year or two for 2 main reasons.

1) SkyNet

2) A lot of local options are actual similarly priced such that it's not worth the effort.