Experience with CRC's move from DHL to SkyNet?

Eugene Brown

I ordered and chose what used to be via the Post office. It seems that is via Skynet as well. Usefokkinless.

Who would ever have thought that we'd be missing SAPO. LOL

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 641
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Been following this thread for a while and it put me off buying anything from CRC.

But last week they had a really great deal on a frame. So I figured I would take the risk since its such a big parcel. My logic is that it will be in a big box so they wont be able to miss or forget something like that on the shelf somewhere in the warehouse. I decided to add pedals and a pair of tyres to the order as well. 

Order was paid for and then they sent me an email to say that the pedals and tyres were despatched on 16th May with Skynet. Turns out they sending 2 separate packages.  :blink:

2 days later the frame gets dispatched with DHL.

So now im thinking those pedals and tyres is a lost cause and I should forget about it. There were no tracking updates on their site since the stuff left the warehouse.

This morning I get an email from Skynet to say I should fill out the clearance form and they will send me the Vat invoice to pay.

Im feeling optimistic about this order but lets see how it ends.

According to DHL my frame landed this morning. A day earlier than scheduled. No one made contact with me yet.

Took Skynet 2 weeks to finally deliver my package after I paid the customs and VAT invoice. When the delivery agent gave me the package, he said that the package was riding around in the van for 3 days, and nobody bothered to actually deliver the package.

from Skynet to say I should fill out the clearance form and they will send me the Vat invoice to pay.

I got and returned that clearance form from skynet on the 3rd May, eventually got the Vat invoice from them a week later and paid it directly into their account (Nedbank to Nedbank) they acknowledged that they money had cleared in their account the same day but as yet and now almost 3 weeks after they recover the package they cannot tell me when they will clear and deliver.

I got and returned that clearance form from skynet on the 3rd May, eventually got the Vat invoice from them a week later and paid it directly into their account (Nedbank to Nedbank) they acknowledged that they money had cleared in their account the same day but as yet and now almost 3 weeks after they recover the package they cannot tell me when they will clear and deliver.

Geez!

Geez!

Interesting, on the same day I ordered from CRC I ordered from Flxii in China and from a vendor in Germany.

German order was delivered by Aranex took 7 days from day of order and 8 hours from receiving Vat invoice to be delivered to my door.

Big box from China took 2 weeks and the Post office brought the Vat invoice to me along with the parcel, took payment there and then and delivered the box.

This will be interesting. Let us know the outcome. Somehow I just know you gonna get your frame first.

Took 5 days for Tacx Neo to be delivered (DHL), more than 2 weeks for tools (Skynet) go figure

Been following this thread for a while and it put me off buying anything from CRC.

But last week they had a really great deal on a frame. So I figured I would take the risk since its such a big parcel. My logic is that it will be in a big box so they wont be able to miss or forget something like that on the shelf somewhere in the warehouse. I decided to add pedals and a pair of tyres to the order as well. 

Order was paid for and then they sent me an email to say that the pedals and tyres were despatched on 16th May with Skynet. Turns out they sending 2 separate packages.  :blink:

So now im thinking those pedals and tyres is a lost cause and I should forget about it. There were no tracking updates on their site since the stuff left the warehouse.

This morning I get an email from Skynet to say I should fill out the clearance form and they will send me the Vat invoice to pay.

According to DHL my frame landed this morning. A day earlier than scheduled. No one made contact with me yet.

If only they would just use DHL.

Or give us the option to choose if it is at a premium.

Today is day 18 since a simple parcel with a value of around R1000 on which VAT but no duties was payable arrived in SA. I still don't have it or any indication of when I will.

In 18 days they have not been able to move it through Customs despite me responding to their requests for a)completion of the paperwork and b) payment of the required duties (and their "service fee" which was greater than the customs charges) in an hour or two.

The post office did the whole thing in 3 days and Aramex in 4.

Last time I use CRC (which in any event I only do for things I can't buy locally), but will use Bike24, Evans, or anyone but CRC.

This will be interesting. Let us know the outcome. Somehow I just know you gonna get your frame first.

Took 5 days for Tacx Neo to be delivered (DHL), more than 2 weeks for tools (Skynet) go figure

Update on my side.

DHL called me on Tuesday to tell they have a package for me and VAT is payable.

They asked if they can email the invoice. The invoice popped into my inbox wednesday. 

I forgot to pay it and remembered at around 10pm that I need to pay. 

On the invoice was a payment portal similar to PayGate. DHL handling Fee was R150.

Thursday morning at at 10am DHL was at my door.  :clap:

The other half of my package with SkyNet. 

They emailed me monday to say there is Vat payable.

They sent invoice yesterday. I made payment today. Handling fee R200

I will keep you updated.

Update:

I received everything from Chain Reaction Cycles.

Skynet delivered my package this morning.

You guys think the tide has turned?

Update:

I received everything from Chain Reaction Cycles.

Skynet delivered my package this morning.

No. They took two weeks to clear and deliver something that should take 3 days and charge R200 for the "privilege".

I chose to order from Bike24 yesterday..

Doubt it.!

I think their service standards are now known and people should approach purchases accordingly.

Know that delivery is going to take 3-4 weeks.

Anything sooner is a bonus.

Edited by Thomo

interesting I'm hearing everyone having problems with UPS.

I had some myself recently.

Will never use them again, rather Aramex, DHL or Fedex,

G

I'm having a terrible time with UPS, trying to get them to send me an invoice on VAT/Duties has been a nightmare. My parcel is just sitting in their warehouse with "outstanding documentation required".