Experience with CRC's move from DHL to SkyNet?

Eugene Brown

Skynet isnt getting any better... guess they just no geared to be quick and efficient.

My last purchase from CRC got into the country in 1 day, then I had to chase Skynet to get sorted. Took them 5 days to send me the clearing instructions and then another 2 days for the invoice and 2 days for local delivery.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 641
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Emailed CRC to complain again about Skynet's ridiculous "admin" fees

I hope you're not expecting a meaningful response ...

I made an order. at CRC ....7 days later item was at my front door. yes, admin and all was expensive but besides that all good.  

I often order from CRC and gets sent to my front door in Hong Kong. On average 3 or 4 days and that's with SkyNet. So it may not be a actual CRC problem but more so just another problem in SA. 

I often order from CRC and gets sent to my front door in Hong Kong. On average 3 or 4 days and that's with SkyNet. So it may not be a actual CRC problem but more so just another problem in SA.

Nope...its a Skynet SA problem...because Merlin Cycles send their goods via UPS ...and they are jacked up...infact my last order came a day earlier than expected...you know what's it like to get a call from your wife and say the UPS guy is there with your cycling stuff and you haven't told her...????‍♂️????‍♂️????‍♂️

There are a lot of 'local; problems - DHl Express for example which MyUS.com uses if you select the cheapest option. Parcel gets to SA quickly but once here the left hand does not know what the right hand is doing to put it mildly. Any  attempt to coordinate will fail miserably and often at one's expense. 

I often order from CRC and gets sent to my front door in Hong Kong. On average 3 or 4 days and that's with SkyNet. So it may not be a actual CRC problem but more so just another problem in SA

please.

as mentioned you can order via UPS and have your crap within 3 days at your door too in SA from the UK or the US (merlin or Jenson). it is a skynet SA/ SAPO issue with CRC.

Edited by morneS555

• 1 month later...

CRC order placed 30 Sep.

Delivered 9 October.

Seems there may be some hope.! :D

If you don't mind me asking, what was the admin fee?

• 4 weeks later...

please.

as mentioned you can order via UPS and have your crap within 3 days at your door too in SA from the UK or the US (merlin or Jenson). it is a skynet SA/ SAPO issue with CRC.

OK so this is not CRC... it’s Jenson and UPS. I have an order parked at customs since it arrived 5 days ago waiting for clearance due to a missing commercial Invoice. WTF??

I’ve emailed Jenson about this on a general email address as I can’t see who/where to contact. Anyone have a local UPS contact, or suggestion? I haven’t had time to chase but am getting a bit meh (!) about this considering what I paid for UPS service on a small parcel. SkyNet at least I had a contact for and a human responded... maybe UPS could do the same??

OK so this is not CRC... it’s Jenson and UPS. I have an order parked at customs since it arrived 5 days ago waiting for clearance due to a missing commercial Invoice. WTF??

I’ve emailed Jenson about this on a general email address as I can’t see who/where to contact. Anyone have a local UPS contact, or suggestion? I haven’t had time to chase but am getting a bit meh (!) about this considering what I paid for UPS service on a small parcel. SkyNet at least I had a contact for and a human responded... maybe UPS could do the same??

yea that can suck...totally Jenson's fault. Wasn't the invoice also emailed to you when you ordered? I used that version on my last online buy through aramex for frame dropouts and it was fine.

EDIT:

found two email adresses ive spoken to that have helped me in the past. you are welcome to try.

i'll PM them to you.

Edited by morneS555

UPS contact number: 080 742 5877

Had a similar issue with my last Canyon that I imported, called this number got given an email address that I sent the invoice to and then it got sorted in a few days.

Edited by Jehosefat

I ordered from crc twice over the last 3 weeks and both items arrived at my front door within 5 days. I have no reason to complain. Heck, some of my local purchases take longer than that. 

yea that can suck...totally Jenson's fault. Wasn't the invoice also emailed to you when you ordered? I used that version on my last online buy through aramex for frame dropouts and it was fine.

EDIT:

found two email adresses ive spoken to that have helped me in the past. you are welcome to try.

i'll PM them to you.

Thanks

Found a UPS local address have messaged both them and Jenson.

Will see what they both say about why they haven’t connected the wires between them. Been watching this like a very slow train smash - or a reflection of my brain imploding ????

Just haven’t had time to prod it to see what happens next!!

Thanks guys

Ironically my previous service from CRC and SkyNet proved faster!! (Somehow though I wonder if this is SA customs??)