Experience with CRC's move from DHL to SkyNet?

Eugene Brown

Same here, ordered on Friday last week (29th) with standard/free shipping. Got my goodies this morning, a week exactly!

Tracking is a bit off though, still says package in JHB.

Not too keen on admin fee of R200 but got stuff couldn't source here so chuffed, son will be too!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 641
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I made the mistake of ordering from crc after having a look on the websites delivery details stating DHL. Got a message this morning saying my parcel has been dispatched Shipping carrier skynet ???? now for the wait and surprise charges

I made the mistake of ordering from crc after having a look on the websites delivery details stating DHL. Got a message this morning saying my parcel has been dispatched Shipping carrier skynet now for the wait and surprise charges

Any update?

I ordered some stuff from another online store beginning of the month. Said to be delivered via DHL...last update was on the 4th saying it had left Germany.

Haven't heard a thing since then  :(

Any update?

I ordered some stuff from another online store beginning of the month. Said to be delivered via DHL...last update was on the 4th saying it had left Germany.

Haven't heard a thing since then  :(

DHL or Deutsche Post?

DHL or Deutsche Post?

DHL from Germany.

I'm terrified that it gets handed over to local post for the last leg as opposed to DHL SA but seeing as I haven't heard anything in 2 weeks I'm worried thats the case.

DHL from Germany.

I'm terrified that it gets handed over to local post for the last leg as opposed to DHL SA but seeing as I haven't heard anything in 2 weeks I'm worried thats the case.

Think that is the same as my DHL parcel from Bike24 in Germany.  Left Germany on 27/06, not scanned in at JIMC yet

Think that is the same as my DHL parcel from Bike24 in Germany.  Left Germany on 27/06, not scanned in at JIMC yet

100% think we're in the same boat here. Mine's from bikecomponents.

So depressing because it updates so quickly on the German side and then......nothing.

Both Bike24 and Bike Components use DHL Deutshe Post, which means that it gets handed over to the post office when landing in ZA.

It normally takes around 4 weeks to get parcels from Germany sent via this method, however, the post office is currently on strike (wanting more money, even though they don't do any work), so it's likely to take even longer to get your parcels.

Back to the original topic, I also recently placed an order with CRC and Sky Net was used as the courier. They were efficient on the UK end, but rather dissappointing once the parcel arrived in SA. I had to follow up several times to provide ID number and several requests for invoice. They charged a R200 admin fee, which I didn't think was terrible?

Definitely prefered when CRC used DHL. I even gave them a review to that effect. 

I ordered from CRC last Friday, shipping via DHL costed me R250, had order on Wednesday...

DHL.

I never order CRC and use any other method.

Point, at the same time of the CRC order I actually ordered from online shop in CPT also... CRC order was on table before Cpt order, and had better tracking.

G

Any update?

Haven't heard a thing since then :(

Lat update this afternoon " released by customs" in jhb now to make it to cpt and hopefully get it before the weekend

I ordered from CRC last Friday, shipping via DHL costed me R250, had order on Wednesday...

DHL.

I never order CRC and use any other method.

Point, at the same time of the CRC order I actually ordered from online shop in CPT also... CRC order was on table before Cpt order, and had better tracking.

G

How did you get DHL as a option?

It was just a option where they ask for what/how i wanna ship

G

How did you get DHL as a option?

Hijacking this thread one more time quickly (sorry guys)

Post office strike is over:

The SA Post Office and its recognised trade unions Communication Workers Union (CWU), the Democratic Postal Workers Union (Depacu), and the SA Postal Workers Union (Sapwu) yesterday reached agreement regarding salary increases and other substantive issues. 

This brings an end to the strike which started on July 3, 2018.

In terms of the agreement, Post Office employees across the board will receive a salary increase of 6.5%, backdated to April 1 2018. Furthermore, the contracted working hours for permanent part time employees, have been moved from 21.5 hours per week to 27.5 hours per week. Of these positions, some 500 have been earmarked to be phased in as permanent full-time positions. 

Accumulated mail is expected to take roughly 20 work days to be processed, in other words, a full month.

Hijacking this thread one more time quickly (sorry guys)

Post office strike is over:

The SA Post Office and its recognised trade unions Communication Workers Union (CWU), the Democratic Postal Workers Union (Depacu), and the SA Postal Workers Union (Sapwu) yesterday reached agreement regarding salary increases and other substantive issues. 

This brings an end to the strike which started on July 3, 2018.

In terms of the agreement, Post Office employees across the board will receive a salary increase of 6.5%, backdated to April 1 2018. Furthermore, the contracted working hours for permanent part time employees, have been moved from 21.5 hours per week to 27.5 hours per week. Of these positions, some 500 have been earmarked to be phased in as permanent full-time positions. 

Accumulated mail is expected to take roughly 20 work days to be processed, in other words, a full month.

Only a month? That's awfully optimistic.

I had to reorder parts that are jammed in customs due to this routine entertainment offered by SAPO. Don't think I'll be using bike24's standard shipping option again.

Got my parcel today so about 8 days and didn't have to pay any fees ????

Edited by raptor

So i ordered shoes from CRC. Paid the 6.5 pounds and my parcel got lost. They resent it via Skynet and after paying customs their 45% and 15 % Vat, Skynet have charged me an additional R200 admin fee for clearing the parcel at customs.  :cursing: