Experience with CRC's move from DHL to SkyNet?

Eugene Brown

Where did you agree to admin fees?

I didn't necessarily agree to the admin fees but I was over their BS so I paid there fees to be done with the whole ordeal... won't be using CRC if this is how it's going to be

• Replies 641
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I always take price paid for an item into consideration when posting a review on an item.

Value for money.

So when I put the following into my review, CRC refused to placed it…lol ^_^

“shipping poor. Express option (Skynet took three times longer) Skynet charged a "admin fee" on arrival - inflated the shipping by three times with this. So chain reaction cycles makes the shipping look cheap in the basket, but once it sent, Skynet add another 200% as admin fee. this add cost has nothing to do with customs duties or VAT. only a way of inflating the shipping after its bought with buyer no option to just pay it. All CRC is doing is to reply with some standard e mails.”

CRC reply on my review:

Hello …

Your opinion is very important to us and the Chain Reaction Cycles community. We appreciate you taking the time to write a review on …x item.. Unfortunately your review did not meet our guidelines for posting on our site.

The highlighted section(s): contains shipping complaints

We encourage you to review our guidelines and resubmit your review on….x item.

Edited by Mongoose!

I was unfortunately forced to go with CRC as I couldn't really find what I was looking for locally or elsewhere. As I was going on leave for a week, I didn't bother with express shipping and took the free option as I thought I wouldn't be around to pay for the charges.

16 May - Order Placed

17 May - Order Shipped

19 May - Order in Joburg

25 May - Skynet finally contacts me for my ID Number for the customs invoice

28 May - After following up with Skynet, they finally send me the invoice and I pay immediately

29 May - Silence after following up on the next step

Also had to cough up a R200 admin fee on R400 Customs. Irks me so bad, but what can you do.

Edit: Literally just got a mail from CRC to review my products. Except I don't have them.

Edit 2: I've previously paid for Express Shipping when it was still DHL. Bought on Sunday, in my hands on Wednesday. I was shocked, totally shocked.

Edited by bertusras

Dammit I found this thread like 2 days too late and now i am stuck dealing with SkyNet and Dalene.

Can't believe I had to pay a R200 admin fee on top of the like £20 I paid for Express shipping

Well I have to say, since I've hassled them the process went pretty speedily. Customs released my parcel yesterday and it was delivered this morning just after nine. So at least props for that.

Currently experiencing the same as everyone else on this thread. Skynet is absolutely useless. Dalene is not very helpful. I came across this topic a few days after already placing my order...two weeks and counting with the order still not received, but instead on hold at customs...no more CRC for me.

So I just checked my order with CRC and noticed that they've selected Skynet as the carrier. I selected Standard shipping...

I pointed this out to them and have informed that I am not prepared to pay any administration fees.

So I just checked my order with CRC and noticed that they've selected Skynet as the carrier. I selected Standard shipping...

I pointed this out to them and have informed that I am not prepared to pay any administration fees.

Apparently if your order is over R500 then it is classified as a high value item and you're forced to use a courier to receive the goods... (use lube before hand... hurts less)

Having gone through this as well (posts above), I have to think that R200 admin fees are worth not having to deal with SAPO, in my opinion. My order took two weeks, which could have easily been six weeks, or never.

I feel for the Cape guys, at it appears that there is an issue down there. But Maxeen and Thina up here helped me out quite well. Sure, I had to email them every day to make sure things were moving along, but it definitely was easier than dealing with the post office.

One thing I can't understand about Saffers is that we've never been able to stand together!

Everyone, just STOP placing orders with these idiots. And let them know on public and Social Media platforms that unless things change, we won't be supporting them. Simple as.

The continuous complaints here about how bad the service is serves nothing unless we all rally together and change it.

Apparently if your order is over R500 then it is classified as a high value item and you're forced to use a courier to receive the goods... (use lube before hand... hurts less)

This is the third order in excess of R1000 and the first to be handled by Skynet.

Apparently?? Where does it state this? I looked for info on postage at time of purchase but didn’t see this AND being on a tight budget, chose what I thought was standard (SAPO, not courier) option.

So feck me I find myself down this rabbit hole too.

Have been using CRC for years but this is likely the last.

I placed an order for a wheel set through Wiggle which included free shipping.

The order was dispatched on the 4 June and I received an email from Dawnwing on the 8th advising me that the packaged had arrived and I needed to pay them R180 agency fee and an additional R180 documentation fee over and above the normal customs vat etc.

This wasn't disclosed when I bought the wheels but I guess with free shipping and not having to deal SAPO it's worth it. Been advised that the wheels will be delivered either tomorrow or Wednesday.

I placed an order for a wheel set through Wiggle which included free shipping.

The order was dispatched on the 4 June and I received an email from Dawnwing on the 8th advising me that the packaged had arrived and I needed to pay them R180 agency fee and an additional R180 documentation fee over and above the normal customs vat etc.

This wasn't disclosed when I bought the wheels but I guess with free shipping and not having to deal SAPO it's worth it. Been advised that the wheels will be delivered either tomorrow or Wednesday.

That IS normal, and with DHL we were paying that as well. Think it was R 250 / R 300 disbursement fee on top of the VAT & Duties. It's not new. 

It's just that Skynet's debaucherous service has called attention to it, and suddenly there's an outcry over it as there's no delivery of expected service. 

Edited by Cptmayhem