Karoo to Coast

Marichen

• Replies 685
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Batch A for me. Hanvt done any training. Last race was Wolseley MTB. Going to be a long frustrating day in the saddle‍♂. Accomodation will be in the horse stalls.

Doing my 7'th this year! (I'm coming for you no. 10!) But will be my first on a single speed, feeling nervous! Anybody with experience of doing the race on a ss?

And i hear what you guys are saying about going hard and fast from the beginning, just try and pace yourself. I've been in a very dark place going into kom se pad from going to fast in the beginning.

Batch A for me. Hanvt done any training. Last race was Wolseley MTB. Going to be a long frustrating day in the saddle‍♂. Accomodation will be in the horse stalls.

Remember to pack earplugs, as those stable walls don't go all the way up to the roof...  And enough warm bedding.

Wll also be my first K2C. I really have no clue what to expect. When I started cycling 14 months ago my main target was to complete the K2C this year in 6h30min(Starting from A batch haha)! I'm taking two water bottles with powerade and two energy bars with me. Think that will be enough with so many waterpoints. I have that Syncros bottle cage with the tools, chain tool and pump attached, two bombs and a set of plugs I'm taking with me to fix tubeless. Not sure if it will be necessary for a spare tube also? Is the terrain really that unforgiving?

Wll also be my first K2C. I really have no clue what to expect. When I started cycling 14 months ago my main target was to complete the K2C this year in 6h30min(Starting from A batch haha)! I'm taking two water bottles with powerade and two energy bars with me. Think that will be enough with so many waterpoints. I have that Syncros bottle cage with the tools, chain tool and pump attached, two bombs and a set of plugs I'm taking with me to fix tubeless. Not sure if it will be necessary for a spare tube also? Is the terrain really that unforgiving?

Terrain is fine, BUT, why are you starting from batch A :whistling:

Remember to pack earplugs, as those stable walls don't go all the way up to the roof...  And enough warm bedding.

Agh nog dit ook nog! Ek het gedink slaapsak en dis dit. Sal maar ekstra blankets vat. Duisend dankies.

I think you only get your name on the Honour's Board.

Excellent! Kind of reminds me of the last episode of "It's always sunny in Philadelphia".

I do like the idea of this, take a few days leave, spend 1000s of rands in travel and accommodation, repeat it over a period of 10 years, get your name between <html> tags. Seems legit.  :clap:

Edited by Rouxenator

Terrain is fine, BUT, why are you starting from batch A :whistling:

Yuup, I think Racetec made an error there. They used a smallish race for my seeding. Worcester Rotary MTB 70km. Not many people, so I finished it in just over 3 hours, not too far behind the winner. And the race has a beta score of 1.54 which sounds too much for about 1000m of rolling hills.

So I guess if you ever feel like improving your seeding, remember this race! :D

Yuup, I think Racetec made an error there. They used a smallish race for my seeding. Worcester Rotary MTB 70km. Not many people, so I finished it in just over 3 hours, not too far behind the winner. And the race has a beta score of 1.54 which sounds too much for about 1000m of rolling hills.

So I guess if you ever feel like improving your seeding, remember this race! :D

Ja, if this is your first K2C, prepare for afk@k if you start in A. You're going to wanna be tempted to go with the fast oke's.

Don't.

Seriously. 

No matter how fit you are, not knowing what to expect will lead to striking matches waaaay too soon, and you are going to get badly caught out on the Boskop climb and Kom se Pad. And then when you think it's all done and dusted, you are faced with the Gouna climb to Simola. 

A hill that reduces grown men to whimpering, bluthering balls of snot.

but alas, welcome, and enjoy.