WIN!

I'll be rooting for you.

• Replies 685
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wanna do sub4 any tips?

86 guys and 1 girl managed this last year, out of a total of 2946 finishers.  Even 3 that started in B batch, and 2 from C...

So top tip - start in A, and follow all the other good advice given above...

While a sub 4 would be nice it is not really something I am chasing, all I want is to do 10 K2Cs and get whatever it is they give you upon completing your 10th. 

Starting in A will help, however my best time ever (4:05) was from B. 

I want to use it as a yard stick for where I am in terms of fitness for the Dash so I want to give it a good go for a sub 4 as well. I did the Crater in 4:02 after stopping 15min for a sidewall cut in the last 15km. Crater had quite a few technical bits in it that slows you down, but was 12km shorter. All things going well, a sub 4 should be do-able.

thanks all, will be my 5th time trying, did a 4:02 last time. Training: did not do any Lsd's like last time, but most of the miles I put in was premium, so ill see how that works out for me, also, im one or 2 kg's lighter than last time. Yep im starting in A. Can we get 5 guys to ride a sub4 bus? like 3:50-3:59

Yep im starting in A. Can we get 5 guys to ride a sub4 bus? like 3:50-3:59

We can try, don't know how practical that will be though with the big start bunches and the mess in the first few kms? 

Also don't know if I'll be able to stick on the climbs as I'm on the other end of the scale with 3 kgs extra that I have to haul around...

Same as every year, two bottles of water, spare tube, 2 bombs, chain breaker tool. Thankfully I have only ever had to use the water bottles.  :thumbup: 

Oh, and as is true to my modus operandi I will be riding on a drive train that is so far worn I should have replaced it a month ago. Always have to have something that is on the brink. 

We can try, don't know how practical that will be though with the big start bunches and the mess in the first few kms? 

Also don't know if I'll be able to stick on the climbs as I'm on the other end of the scale with 3 kgs extra that I have to haul around...

Because its such a leke district Road, I think bunching would help a lot

The Official unofficial after Party is Sunday afternoon @ Lookout Deck Plettenberg bay  :clap:

I usually spend just a couple of minutes in Knysna, loading the bike onto the bike rack and then onto the N2. Stilbaai or Witsand is where I after party  ^_^