[Event] The Tiletoria PPA Elgin MTB Event - Postponed

mdk555

START TIMES

Please don’t be late! The starting times are:

· 66 km Race @ 07h00 (mass start)

· 66 km Ride @ 07h10 (group sizes of 50 per group, start at 2 minute intervals)

· 45 km Race @ 07h20 (mass start)

· 45 km Ride @ 07h30 (group sizes of 50 per group, start at 2 minute intervals)

· 30 km Race @ 07h50 (mass start)

· 30 km Ride @ 08h00 (group sizes of 50 per group, start at 2 minute intervals)

· 15 km Race – just after the 30 km Ride

· 15 km Ride – 2-3 minutes after the 15 km Race

our Racetec transponder is integrated into your bike board. No bike board – no ride – no time. PPA members receive their new boards for free. Non-members will be able to buy a bike board for R50.00. If you forget your new board at home, you will be able to buy a replacement board at the event at a cost of R50.00.

Thanks man [emoji106]

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What a ride, for the second year I tried the longer route and it was tough again, tried to start out a bit slower to keep some matches for the end, but that bit up the neck really knows how to sap the strength.  But enjoyed the descents, where you had to keep your attention dialed to high (had to stop twice for a water bottle that did not want to stay in the designated spot)

Weather was topsy turfy, with Sir Lowries Pass feeling like we heading for a storm, only for it to subside, but then again get hit with some welcome wind on the route to help stay cool.  Would not want to do that route on a hot day.  

Overall enjoyed the race and experience and looking forward to next year already

What banana loaf?

Didn't see any banana loaf.

OK did only stop on top of Groenlandberg and the water point just before the turn off to The Berms

That 66km is #%@! Tough

What banana loaf?

Didn't see any banana loaf.

OK did only stop on top of Groenlandberg and the water point just before the turn off to The Berms

That 66km is #%@! Tough

The first waterpoint had all those, potatoes, banana loaf, sweets, etc. From there is was less and less (not complaining, as it was stated as such beforehand that the one will be unmanned) 

Did the 66km.. what a beautiful day of riding. The views were incredible and absolutely stunning to ride around all those dams at the start.

Fantastic event.

Thumbs up to the organizers

What an awesome ride, great test for the legs on the 66km :-) Views was amazing, wind was a bonus to keep us cool on the long climbs. definitely had to keep it tight on the downs, the thing that got me most was how bumpy the track was, it was hard to get a good pedal stroke going, and the in and out of the saddle, got the lower back to cry a little. But what an awesome ride.

They just need to sort out bring extra gallons of beer  :thumbup: I was proper in the mood  :devil:

Thanks Tiletoria and PPA. be there next year for sure  :clap:

My 3rd 66km, and slowest. Really enjoyed it though and apologies to anyone that may have been annoyed by all my coughing. Went to the doc this morning and got booked off for the week, bronchitis. Sure glad I did not go to the doc before the ride else I would have missed it, now thankfully all I am missing is work.  :devil:

Question : Anyone else heard Gary at the start saying they had to pay Cape Nature R28k just to open the gates to Groenland berg? 

By my calculations that means they charged R100 per rider going up there? There was 127 on the ride and 138 on the race.