CO2 Bombs in Airoplane Luggage

Can one pack CO2 bombs in your luggage going into the hold or is it better to buy at destination again.

Local RSA travel via SAA .

Can one pack CO2 bombs in your luggage going into the hold or is it better to buy at destination again.

That's a no go - you will be called back to take them out of your bag once it goes through xray

Last time I flew Safair with my bike I did not pay extra.

I called SAA and they said no charge as it falls under sporting goods.

Is that correct?

Company paid ticket so I did not do the booking.

I just hope no hassles suddenly arriving with my bike box at check-in

Edited by NoMore Landy

Different Airlines have different Rules.  I think SAA and kulula are free, as long as within weight limits, however Mango and SAFair charge extra.

You can take 2 sealed ones, keep them in your carry-on luggage. I usually just put them in the tray with phone, wallet etc so that they don't ask to search my bag.

Different airlines have diferent rules, some say must be in hand luggage others in th ebike bag. If you flying international you have to phone ahead and prebook them in at which point they must be in your bike bag. Just did it flying with emirates. However they will take them from you in dubai if they are on you. so make sure they in your bag

Theres one under every seat in the plane so i dont know what the fuss is about.

Yes, just be sure to tell them you have bombs in your luggage. They'll know what you mean.

DON't  don't just don't he's having you on - never ever mention the word b---b at an airport you will not make your destination.