Pre-owned Garmin, worth it?

Snafu

Looking at buying a Fenix 3 or -5, the difference in price between new and used does not always seem worth the risk???

What would a fair price be for a:

- 3 Sapphire, I'm guessing R4 000 - R4 500

- 5 Sapphire, guesstimate R5 500 - R6 500 ?

I assume the warranty is not transferable?

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking at buying a Fenix 3 or -5, the difference in price between new and used does not always seem worth the risk???

What would a fair price be for a:

- 3 Sapphire, I'm guessing R4 000 - R4 500

- 5 Sapphire, guesstimate R5 500 - R6 500 ?

I assume the warranty is not transferable?

Eurobike is a month away and usually brings new launches...

Pehaps Fenix 6? 

R4,000 seems a good price for a second hand unit. The software a bit sluggish, but no fault on the hardware. 

With Sportsman’s warehouse and vitality getting you between 25% and R4000 of depending if you opt for the booster

AND

The fact that you do not have a warranty on the used watch no matter how “good as new” or “1 month old” it is

I would say fenix 5 R4k - R5k with the saphire R500 more

My biggest concern in a wrist gps is battery life, it's the main reason I'm looking at the Fenix range. Need at least 12 hours in training/gps mode, I'm not into the information overload and a Fenix 6 would be a wasted piece of great kit for me.

Thanks for the input all.

My biggest concern in a wrist gps is battery life, it's the main reason I'm looking at the Fenix range. Need at least 12 hours in training/gps mode, I'm not into the information overload and a Fenix 6 would be a wasted piece of great kit for me.

Thanks for the input all.

Look at vivoactive too if you don’t need all the info. Part smart watch part activity tracker. Cheaper than Fenix.

Only thing it does not have is open water swimming however if you syncing to strava you can change the activity in strava. No Biggie unless,of course you are an open water swimmer.

If you still have the original box Garmin doesn't ask any questions.

Untill they do. Then you are screwed when you “almost new watch” that you only paid 20% less than new needs a replacement part that costs almost the same as a new watch.

With watches syncing to profiles etc, it’s just to risky to try and claim you are the first owner.

Edited by daniemare