PainCave "Fight Night" Powered By Buycycle.co.za - SA's ZWIFT Race

Christian van Zyl

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Guys,

The 19:35 time slot was unfortunately the earliest time available by ZWIFT.

Since this race has significant following already it gives us the opportunity to negotiate with them a bit.

We take all the comments into consideration and we might even push for two separate time slots to make the Fight Night more accessible to more ZAFFAs.

Yours in suffering

Chief Torturer

That will be awesome if you are able to move it to 19:00

reminds me of the early days of racing (June 2014)

https://community.bikehub.co.za/topic/140625-online-racing-virtualtraining-cyclops/?hl=online+racing

The one thing better on Virtual training app when racing, was that you could see the other peoples watts per kg and heart rate while racing

Virtual weights should also be displayed... :whistling:

Are u that Mongoose ????

Any sign of Talus on Zwift?

Well done to everyone! We had 69 starters last night, with 46 finishers - yes the hills took their toll on a couple of you.

The start was as furious as ever....and once again showed that if you wanted to be uyop there, you needed to be putting out in excess of 500 watts for that first minute or two. Well done to Aiden Choles (maidenmole) who was the first South African home averaging a staggering 4.2 w/kg. 

But very big Kudos to those back markers who took close to or in excess of 2 hours out there....talk about a brilliant training session!

We will start to draw up a leaders log now that we have two races under the belt and will post the links as soon as we are done!

Well done to everyone! We had 69 starters last night, with 46 finishers - yes the hills took their toll on a couple of you.

The start was as furious as ever....and once again showed that if you wanted to be uyop there, you needed to be putting out in excess of 500 watts for that first minute or two. Well done to Aiden Choles (maidenmole) who was the first South African home averaging a staggering 4.2 w/kg.

But very big Kudos to those back markers who took close to or in excess of 2 hours out there....talk about a brilliant training session!

We will start to draw up a leaders log now that we have two races under the belt and will post the links as soon as we are done!

BTW does Zwift have a way of checking for / catching E-dopers.... those that manipulate there power outputs?

BTW does Zwift have a way of checking for / catching E-dopers.... those that manipulate there power outputs?

IIRC they flag anyone doing >5W/kg (or was it 6) for more than 5min if they're not registered as a pro rider.

Unfortunately not. The only way to e-dope would be to adjust your weight, or ride on a miscalibrated trainer.

We would still love to offer prizes for winners overall and category winners (which we are working one!) - our thinking around those would be to have regional race offs for possibly semi finals and finals that have to be in a PainCave studio or other "accredited" facility, where we can weigh competitors in and make sure trainers are calibrated. 

So if you do e-dope, it will get you only so far.

But until then, just enjoy some awesome racing and brilliant training!

Who is the guy in 13th place that can roll 330watts for an hour and a half at a HR of 112? Heaven help this lot if he decided to try harder!

Edopers? Cheeses - would humans beings stoop that low? "I only used 20% assistance to make up for the weight on my trainer" ????????