PainCave "Fight Night" Powered By Buycycle.co.za - SA's ZWIFT Race

Christian van Zyl

Get ready to RUMBLE!

We know you are tired of riding shoulder to shoulder with Aussies and Kiwis - that is why starting this Wednesday 19:35, its time for you South African Zwifters (Zaffas) to come out fighting!

Wednesday night kicks off our “Fight Night” on Zwift, a 1- 1 ½ hour race (dependent on the course) specifically for us South Africans. 

Yes, we are going to have to let in a couple of Aussies, Kiwis and any nationality that doesn’t understand the difference between now, just now and now now……but we really want that screen filled with South African flags! How? I’ll get to that now now.

Our Chief Torturers from our national PainCave.co.za clubs will join you in this race series and ensure there is at least some pain.

The PainCave “Fight Night” race runs for 25 weeks with your best 10 races counting towards final standings and possibly even some great prizes courtesy of BuyCycle.co.za and paincave.co.za 

The format of the race series will be based on age and not watts/kg.

If you don’t have access to a smart trainer at home, head off to www.paincave.co.za and book a slot at any of our studios for the Wednesday night “Fight Night” – there will be a couple of FREE slots available at each studio (first come first served……chat to them now!)

https://zwift.com/events/view/64197

We will be adding more details over the next couple of days and weeks….so keep on heading back to check the latest news.

This is a series organised and run by Zaffas for all you Saffas!

NOTE: While Zwift is sorting out European GDPR regulations for Zwiftpower.com we will not be able to display a leaderboard. We are however confident that this will sorted out soon. So no prizes until this is sorted out, only bragging rights. 

Be quirky, be fun, be lekker. Enjoy the race!

post-63087-0-03506600-1528121482_thumb.jpg

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

so ZWIFT is so big people are now doing it together in a studio that you pay for?!!!!!

well i never!

You haven't tried an online race yet.....?

so ZWIFT is so big people are now doing it together in a studio that you pay for?!!!!!

well i never!

We're opening up space in the Pain.Cave studios free of charge on a first come basis. 

We're hoping to create some fun with this event... You will have to have your own ZWIFT subscription however. And you own bike... 

Trainers used is all 5 PainCaves are Wahoo KICKR. 

Cool,like this,online/virtual is becoming bigger,and much more safer. Is the event listed and at what time?

Was there any particular reason for using age to categorize participants instead of w/kg?

We thought age categories would be more in line with the way we race here in South Africa....and will also allow some of us over 40's to get some bragging rights for our efforts!

Edited by DionGuy